The simFlight Network Forums

Joystick Disconnect Windows 8.1

I originally bought FSUIPC to prevent my joystick from disconnecting from FSX but apparently it doesn´t seem to work. Do you know a possible solution?

Well, although many folks seem to be reporting that assignment in FSUIPC rather than in FS does stop drop-outs, I am really at a loss to understand why that should be so as FSUIPC uses pretty much exactly the same facilities in Windows as FS.

There's actually starting to be almost as many folks saying FSUIPC doesn't help as those saying it does. At least this seems to be the case for Saitek devices. My opinion is that it cannot make up for what appears to be a fundamental flaw in Windows, or possibly flaws or Win8 incompatibilities in Saitek drivers..

Regards

Pete

I use FSUIPC for FSX an Prepar3D in Windows 8.1. It worked perfectly for both sims, but after the upgrade to the latest version FSUIPC4 4.934 it doesn't work anymore in FSX. FSX looses its connection many times to the saitek joystick and rudder pedals. 

So there must be a change in the latest update that causes these problems in FSX. In Prepar3D everything is still ok with the latest version.

Best regards,

Snoopy_belgium

I use FSUIPC for FSX an Prepar3D in Windows 8.1. It worked perfectly for both sims, but after the upgrade to the latest version FSUIPC4 4.934 it doesn't work anymore in FSX. FSX looses its connection many times to the saitek joystick and rudder pedals. 

So there must be a change in the latest update that causes these problems in FSX. In Prepar3D everything is still ok with the latest version.

You don't say what your previous version was, but unless it was very very old, there's been no change in any area anywhere close to joystick stuff. And all of that is identical between FSX and P3D in any case -- there's no need at all for any difference as it is Sim independent.

So the disconnect problems must be very timing dependent. Obviously each version has very slight differences, milliseconds or less, in the way things happen. If the problem of joystick disconnection (especially with Saitek devices I note) is very time critical, i.e. this event before that or within so many milliseconds of something else, you can see if will vary from version to version and PC to PC, and even the same PC but with different other things going on.

BTW there is a version 4.934f available now, which has a couple of changes -- some for the P3D 2.3 first Beta, not released of course, and one for Radar Contact on P3D. You are welcome to try it is case, again, the timings have shifted favourably for your FSX installation. Link FSUIPC4934f.zip.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply. I always keep my FSUIPC up to date. So the previous version was the version that was on the website before the version 4.934 was launched. I was using FSUIPC since the beginning of this year until version 4.934 in FSX without any problems. Since version 4.934 the disconnect problem started again (like it happened without using FSUIPC).

I will try the new version 4.934f to see if it can solve the problem.

Thanks a lot,

Snoopy_belgium

• 1 month later...