The simFlight Network Forums

Weird "Run as Administrator" Problem

LTCSZ

Hi: I am using fsuipc, registered, with Win 8.1 and FS2004...Here is a problem I have never encountered before...I have two keyboards one of them is labeled with FS2004 commands, the other I use for the standard keyboard...When using FS, I disconnect the standard keyboard so there will be no conflicts...When I run FS2004 with the regular double click start, all is well and the second keyboard functions as labeled...When I try to run as administrator (in order to run FSWidgets programs), the same keyboard does nothing...FSUIPC shows up in the administrator version as a module, but it will not send commands to the simulator...Has anyone experienced this problem? If so, I would appreciate knowing how you solved it! Thanks,

Steve

Hi: I am using fsuipc, registered, with Win 8.1 and FS2004...Here is a problem I have never encountered before...I have two keyboards one of them is labeled with FS2004 commands, the other I use for the standard keyboard...When using FS, I disconnect the standard keyboard so there will be no conflicts

There shouldn't be conflicts in any case if you don't actually press the keys.

When I try to run as administrator (in order to run FSWidgets programs),

Why does "FSwidgets" program need FS running as Administrator? Are you running FSWidgets as administrator for some reason. Best to run nothing "as administrator" except when installing things.

the same keyboard does nothing...FSUIPC shows up in the administrator version as a module, but it will not send commands to the simulator.

Does the other keyboard work? If they are both standard keyboards then they should both operate identically. When you say FSUIPC won't send commands, what do you really mean? Is it seeing the keyboard or not? If it does, then there cannot be anything stopping it sending controls. By commands do you mean assigned controls?

Pete