The simFlight Network Forums

My Registration Won't Wrok

I recently reinstalled the Quality Wngs 757.  During the process it apparently tried to install another copy of FSUIPC  I already had a copy installed.  In any cases, when I started Flight Simulator, I received an error message stating I had multiple copies of FSUIPC.  Then Flight Simulator crashed.

I went into the modules older and took a guess which copy to delete.  Wrong guess.  Error message.  Crash.

Wrong guess.  Error message.  Crash.

Wrong guess. Error message.  Crash.

I finally gave up and deleted all of the FSUIPC files and tried to re-install my purchased version.

I purchased it from Simmarket.  (Order number: ) But not it will not accept my registration key.

Can you get me a good registration number?

I recently reinstalled the Quality Wngs 757.  During the process it apparently tried to install another copy of FSUIPC  I already had a copy installed.

The worst that could have happened is that it overwrote your later version with an earlier one. 

Is this with FSX or FS9 or what? You don't give much information.

I received an error message stating I had multiple copies of FSUIPC.  Then Flight Simulator crashed.

That normally means you have another instance of FS still running but with no windows. That state of affairs can happen if the previous run did not fully terminate -- you'd need to check in Windows Task manager and delete it forcibly.

The only other way possible to get unwanted modules loaded is to have copies in the main FS folder. You cannot actually have multiple copies of the same file in the Modules folder, it is impossible as the Windows file system only allows once instance of each filename in each folder.

I went into the modules older and took a guess which copy to delete.

As I just said, there cannot possibly be more than one file called FSUIPC.DLL (or FSUIPC4.DLL, depending on your FS version) in the one folder, so what you describe makes no sense.

If a bad installer for another add-on overwrites your copy of FSUIPC with an older version, the only sensible thing to so is re-run the current FSUIPC Installer to correct the matter.

I purchased it from Simmarket.  (Order number: ) But not it will not accept my registration key.

Can you get me a good registration number?

Registration numbers never change and do not suddenly stop working! You are making an error somewhere. Surely you backed up your KEY file as instructed in the documentation?

Don't forget that all three parts -- name, email and key -- MUST be exactly right, exactly as when you first purchased it. Don't se any different email or different ways of spelling your name!

Next time you post asking for help please do provide adequate information. You don't even say what version of FS you are using!

Pete