The simFlight Network Forums

I have purchased the fs2004 version and registered it, I have both flightsim pm throttle and overhead panel, along with saitek yoke , having gone into the fsuipc in the menu bar I cannot find how to set fuel cut off and idle for each engine(737) also on the overhead panel I have switches that I can't find in fsuipc to set to ? On watching a video posted by Flightsim pm on the throttle he had both cut off switches working along with both reverse thrust levers working individually, does the fs2004 fsuipc support these functions or is it for FSX that more functions are available. If there is a manual on how to get all these functions working in fs2004 I would like to know how to access it. What I have managed to access through the program is brilliant but I still have along way to go .

Thanks for any tips or advice.

I cannot find how to set fuel cut off and idle for each engine(737)

In all versions of FS the Jet fuel idle/cutoff is operated by the MIXTURE control. Mixture rich = idle, Mixture lean = cutoff. Makes sense when you think about it, and if you've actually operated those levers using the keyboard you would have noticed that they are the same keypresses as used for those settings in a Prop.

also on the overhead panel I have switches that I can't find in fsuipc to set to ?

Which ones? What aircraft -- the default 737? There are assignable controls for some, but in the default 737 not all are implemented in any case, some are cosmetic.

Just enable Event logging in the FSUIPC logging page. This will log controls when used, by name and number. If you (temporarily) run FS in Windowed mode and enable FSUIPC's console log you'd be able to see which controls do what in real time.

If there is a manual on how to get all these functions working in fs2004 

No. The List of FS2004 Controls document in your FSUIPC Documents folder lists all of the FS controls available for assignment, and there's a list of FSUIPC-added controls in the FSUIPC Advanced Users guide. But what controls do what, if not understood from the names, needs working out, by trying or by logging, as suggested. I cannot document what FS does, only provide access to it.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thankyou for your reply, I will check out all the information you have sent me. The program is just what I needed to enhance all the buttons and switches that I now have. I will be purchasing the Fsuipc for FSX soon but at the moment I cannot seem to get it to run on my computer, it loads ok but when I go T fly it just crashes! I have checked on the web and it seems alot of simmers have this problem with windows 7 like myself, but I will persevere and once I'm up and running I will purchase the other one.

Once again thanks for the advice.

Kind regards

Guy Taylor.