The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with new f release?

Hi!

Since installing newest release I've had a problem getting FSX running. If FSUIPC is not installed it works fine. The last version also ran without problems. I'm attaching a screenshot of an error I get after quite a wait as FSX starts up.

Any thoughts?

ian

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/02/01/FSUIPCError.jpg

Since installing newest release I've had a problem getting FSX running. If FSUIPC is not installed it works fine. The last version also ran without problems. I'm attaching a screenshot of an error I get after quite a wait as FSX starts up.

Does FSX run if you tell it to continue? This is usually just a result of a SimConnect timing problem in the DLL loading.

If not, I need to see the FSUIPC4.LOG from the Modules folder, if it actually generates a new one before the crash.  If it does not make a log I need to see the Windows Event viewer details for the crash.

Pete

Hi Pete

Yes it runs - it's also running now if I pick Yes to run FSUIPC. It looks like it may have something to do with SimConnect - as you say.

Here's initial part of the log file:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.938f by Pete Dowson *********
Running inside FSX on Windows Vista
Module base=59DB0000
User Name="Ian Wright"
User Addr="ianwright@att.net"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WideFS7 Key is provided
      141 System time = 31/01/2015 12:40:54
      157 FLT UNC path = "\\GORMENGHAST\Users\Ian\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
      188 NOTE: SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 is supported, but it isn't installed.
      204 NOTE: SimConnect SP1 May07 is supported, but it isn't installed.
      235 Trying to connect to SimConnect Original ...
      235 FS UNC path = "C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"
      422 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      422 SIM1 Frictions access gained
      438 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
      438 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok
      438 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
      438 Trying to use SimConnect Original
     2657 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)
     2657 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
     2657 FSUIPC Menu entry added

Thanks for your help!
ian

188 NOTE: SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 is supported, but it isn't installed.

204 NOTE: SimConnect SP1 May07 is supported, but it isn't installed.
      235 Trying to connect to SimConnect Original ...

Well, I said it was okay, but you shouldn't get these if your FSX is up to date. If the SP2 and SP1 versions of SimConnect aren't installed you will find many add-on applications won't run.

Pete

It's very strange because I have Acceleration installed following original installation of FSX Deluxe. Can I go straight from an original Deluxe install to Acceleration, ignoring SP1 and SP2? I thought that was OK. I had no prior issues or start-up warnings - especially with FSUIPC installs. Something went wrong along the way with the FSX installs, I suppose. Though it works following the warning, I think I'll try a complete FSX uninstall and re-install, if necessary with the SP1 and SP2 patches.

Thanks for the help, Pete, and for taking time over the weekend to reply so quickly.

ian

Edited by iangbusa

It's very strange because I have Acceleration installed following original installation of FSX Deluxe. Can I go straight from an original Deluxe install to Acceleration, ignoring SP1 and SP2? I thought that was OK

Yes, I'm pretty sure Accelerator does both.

I think I'll try a complete FSX uninstall and re-install, if necessary with the SP1 and SP2 patches.

I think it might be better to just try installing the two missing Simconnect's first. You'll find them in the SDK section of the disk, in the LegacyIUnterfaces subfolder of SimConnect.

Pete

Appreciate the help, Pete. I'm off to grab a coffee and headed straight for the SDK to do what I should have done before!!

BTW - I don't know how you manage to keep up with all the support and maintenance and new development but everyone in the FSX world using FSUIPC (and that's pretty much everyone) has to be entirely grateful. We should give you a Gold Medal and put you in the  Hall of Fame or whatever. Or at least a few pints of beer.

Hi Pete,

The same problem here. Unfortunately installing simconnects found in SDK doesn't help. I have FSX deluxe upgraded do SP2 as well as SDK upgraded to SP2 following the instructions from fsinsider.com.

I've tried installing both simconnects but no result. I've tried to uninstall both and install again (with reboots between) - no result.

Any ideas what to do? I've tried to launch FSUIPC anyway and in theory it works but then in sim very strange things are happening...

thanks in advance for help!

best,

Leszek