The simFlight Network Forums

P3D 2.5 - Missing / wrong runways in airport menu

Hi,

I just installed EDDF (incl. the uüpdate 1.05) in P3D 2.5 and evenrything looks OK e. g. I have all runways available and the numbers are Ok e.g. the installation is OK. The only problem I have that in the selection part e. g. Airport when selecting the runways I only see the "old" one e.g. no 07C....... I also used the newest version of MAKERUNWAYS but no result ........ How can I change the menu e. g. that I also can select 07C and do not have to use 07L instead? Also in the file runways.xml 07C is not available..

The scenery is installed in the folder Prepar3D v2\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt .......

Regards,

Rolf

I just installed EDDF (incl. the uüpdate 1.05) in P3D 2.5 and evenrything looks OK e. g. I have all runways available and the numbers are Ok e.g. the installation is OK. The only problem I have that in the selection part e. g. Airport when selecting the runways I only see the "old" one e.g. no 07C....... I also used the newest version of MAKERUNWAYS but no result ........ How can I change the menu e. g. that I also can select 07C and do not have to use 07L instead? Also in the file runways.xml 07C is not available..

The scenery is installed in the folder Prepar3D v2\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt .......

This seems to be pretty much identical to another thread with a different title! 

Please note that this is the Support Forum for FSUIPC, WideFS and my other programs, yes, including MakeRunways. But it is not the support forum for Aerosoft scenery!

So, sorry, seems there are two threads posted in the wrong place?

Pete

Hi Pete,

sorry regarding the double threads - so please delete the second one -. But after writing the first one and submitting it I could not find it again. So I thought I made a mistake by cancelleing it. Therefore I wrote a second one.

I thought that the missing runways are a problem of your excellent program "Makerunways" e. g. maybe not detecting certain scenery folders. But now I found out that this was my fault because I missed to copy a certain file from the FSX folder to the respective P3D folder Aerosoft\Afd\Scenery .......

Regards,

Rolf. 

But after writing the first one and submitting it I could not find it again

It was because new posters have their first thread held for Approval by a moderator.

I thought that the missing runways are a problem of your excellent program "Makerunways" e. g. maybe not detecting certain scenery folders. But now I found out that this was my fault because I missed to copy a certain file from the FSX folder to the respective P3D folder Aerosoft\Afd\Scenery ..

Okay. But for future reference please note that MakeRunways is not part of FSX or P3D and cannot influence what those programs show in their menus. If you ever have a discrepancy in the Aircraft or Airport selection menus in FS or P3D  you need to look at the add-on you installed and are expecting to see!

MakeRunways is just a utility to extract information about correctly installed scenery, for use elsewhere, NOT within FS itself!

Pete