The simFlight Network Forums

Instant Scenery

New here, hope I am in the right place, if not maybe direct me. Question, using the unregistered FSUIPC for years I finally payed for the registered version. I know it offers a lot of features and in time hopfully will learn how to take advantage. The issue I have is with the registered version installed when I use my Instant Scenery program the feature of using the mouse wheel to rotate an object does not work. I removed the regestered FSUICP and installed my old unregistered FSUIPC and the mouse wheel worked to rotate the object. Is ther a mapping issue with the registtered version that interfears with thee instant scenery program? I also read something about not using it with the Active Sky as well. I have beee=n reading the FSUIPC instructions but still a little over my head.

Well, I removed the registered module, installed my old copy of the unregistered modulle and it corrected the  issue. I did this on two different computers (I have two different builds) I thought by unchecking the pitch trim would do it but it did not. Other then that no issues but that is what I found. Wondering now why it did this.

Well, I removed the registered module, installed my old copy of the unregistered modulle and it corrected the  issue. 

You are misunderstanding things big time. There's no difference between "registered" and "unregistered" except the presence of the registration details in the KEY file. There's only one current version at any time.

Registration will let it use any User Settings you made, or defaulted, which are saved in the INI file. That's all. All files associated with FSUIPC are kept in the Modules folder, nowhere else. The difference in behaviour is only the user facilities, which are all under your control.

Pete

I may be misunderstanding things big time however, I cannot disput the fact. I removed the FSUIPC module froom the FSX folder and the Instant Scenery mouse wheel feature worked again. I then installed a copy of the FSUIPC that I had used before I payed for the registration and the mouse wheel still worked. I am not complaining or anything I am just trying to get to the bottom of what caused the issue not once but in two diffferent computers and what truly corrected the issue. As of now the one computer with the older copy works properly. The other computer still with the newest FSUIPC installed does not. Both FSUIPC modules are the 4.9.

Well I reinstalled the FSUIPC and registered it and the Instant Scenery feature using the mouse wheel to retate the object works just fine! So, still at a loss as to what I did to change something. My other computer is still not working so I might reinstall it as well and see. Is it possible that byy mapping the pitch trim in FSUIPC affects the Instant Scenery? I know you said it didn't but something did something. Anyway, I couldn't live without your FSUIPC module, does to many things. I only started using Instant Scenery a year ago so still learning things with that as well.

Well I reinstalled the FSUIPC and registered it and the Instant Scenery feature using the mouse wheel to retate the object works just fine! So, still at a loss as to what I did to change something. My other computer is still not working so I might reinstall it as well and see. Is it possible that byy mapping the pitch trim in FSUIPC affects the Instant Scenery?

Obviously if you enable the mousewheel trim option in FSUIPC then it uses the mousewheel. But apart from that, elevator trim axis assignment is implemented by assigning to the elevator trim axis in FS, it is just a control and same as you could do it in FS itself no difference. Or elevator trim by elev trim up / down controls similarly is by FS controls, again identical to assigning in FS.

Pete