The simFlight Network Forums

My trottle goes in reverse during takeoff

Hi. 

I am using latest version of P3D3. 4 and FSUIPC and have my throttletek 737 calibrated via FSUIPC. Seems fine but when i push forward from 40% after hitting TOGA sometimes engine 2 goes in reverse. I have the no reverse zone selected.  Havent seen this problem in years.  Any ideers? 

PS.  I also had this issue during taxi with no A/T engaged

Thanks Michael Moe

2 hours ago, MichaelMoe said:

I am using latest version of P3D3. 4 and FSUIPC

And what is "the latest version" of FSUIPC? I always need version numbers. Folks have said "latest" and it has turned out they meant the "latest they had noticed" -- actually over a year ago! Version numbers are really quite easy to find and even easier to quote.

FSUIPC and have my throttletek 737 calibrated via FSUIPC.

And where assigned, which may be more important? If in FSUIPC, have you disabled controllers in P3D? And how are they assigned -- to which actual controls?

Seems fine but when i push forward from 40% after hitting TOGA sometimes engine 2 goes in reverse.

Unless you have dual assignments, conflicting, it sounds like something is wrong with the throttle values arriving from the device. Reverse is only set by -ve numbers being sent to P3D, so somehow your calibration is doing that -- or more likely the values from the axis are going haywire. You can actually see the numbers in both the assignments tab in FSUIPC and the calibration tab, so did you look? Did you check to make sure they are smoothly increasing?

Havent seen this problem in years.

So you've seen it before? How did you get it then? I've never heard of such a problem.

Pete

Hi Pete

Sorry , The version is FSUIPC 4.957 (not b) :-) , 

Yeah the values seems very smooth in the calibration menu and no other axis assigned in P3D,

I do have a feeling that switching off my PC and accesories on the main power plug (for economy reasons) resets the calibration for some reason in W10,64Bit.

Will need to test further

I am not a tech guy so dont know exactly what the -ve meens in practice.

Will report back

Thanks

Michael Moe

1 hour ago, MichaelMoe said:

I am not a tech guy so dont know exactly what the -ve meens in practice.

-ve (negative) numbers are those less than zero. Subtract 1 from zero and you get -1 (minus one). You must have done some arithmetic in your school days?

Forward thrust values vary from 0 (zero) for none to 16383 for full thrust. Reverser thrust is less than 0, varying from -1 to -4096 or thereabouts (the max reverse thrust is defined as a percentage in the Aircraft's CFG file -- 25% is normal, and 25% of 16384 is 4096).

If none of the values shown in FSUIPC's tabs are negative then it cannot be FSUIPC which is making the throttles go into reverse. You either have some other assignment or something else interfering.

1 hour ago, MichaelMoe said:

no other axis assigned in P3D,

So you've assigned throttles in P3D, not in FSUIPC? You have no axes assigned in FSUIPC?

Pete

Hi Pete

hmm did not know that - Never thought about those values. Just calibrated them

But actually  Yes the hole range goes from -16384 to + 16380 . Same goes for my Saitek Yoke btw. (ailerons and elevator) and my rudder pedals

What i meant about the axis is that i only have them assigned in the FSUIPC menu. Not in P3D´s own controller menu.

Does it meen anything ?

Normally having reverse zone disabled work but i will try some more without shutting down the PC

Thank

Michael Moe

46 minutes ago, MichaelMoe said:

But actually  Yes the hole range goes from -16384 to + 16380 . Same goes for my Saitek Yoke btw. (ailerons and elevator) and my rudder pedals

Yes, that's normal. The FSUIPC "no reverse zone" calibration will map that entire range to 0-16383. There's no way FSUIPC can send a negative value through that calibration.

So the reverse is arriving along some other route.

48 minutes ago, MichaelMoe said:

What i meant about the axis is that i only have them assigned in the FSUIPC menu

Right. And as I asked before, which actual assignment in FSUIPC's menu have you assigned to? That can be important too! i.e what is the name of the control you are using. There are at least 3 ways of assigning throttle.

Also, as I asked before, have youactually disabled controllers altogether in P3D? If not then it will interfere.

Finally, what aircraft are you using?

Pete

Hi Pete,

I have Throttle 1 and 2 assigned in FSUIPC (using the NGX today but not specific calibration for aircrafttype)

For some reason it seems that the spoiler assigning might have been corrupted so i removed it and everything is fine right now.

Thanks for explaining things

Michael Moe