The simFlight Network Forums

v4.959e PROBLEM!!

Hello!

What is going so wrong here with the latest updates? 

My P3Dv3.4.918400 works totally fine with FSUIPCv4.958 and WideClient.exe v6.999z2 on multiple client pcs.

Soon as I update FSUIPC to v4.959 on my main machine WideClient.exe v6.999z2 on the clients stop finding server.

Soon as I update FSUIPC to v4.959e then my P3Dv3.4.918400 STOPS LOADING!! (black screen, EZDOK loads only, when I hit ESC P3D's UI comes up - Continue, Load Scenario etc.)

Tried to update P3D Client (only) to 3.4.18.19475 - same story.

Please help.

Thanks,

Dirk.

PS: (I keep my Acronis previous backups, so no problem rolling back any time)

There's another long thread here dealing with the problems with the P3D 3.4 HotFix 2 release. Please see that. I'm working full time, with some volunteer testers, to try to work out why -- and I have asked L-M to be involved too.

The differences between 4.948 and 4.959 are minimal as far as P3D is concerned. The main differences are additional facilities like the Traffic Limiter option. The changes where P3D are concerned are just to adjust hooks so that frictions tables and so on are still usable. These sorts of changes have been needed for every P3D version and every increment, even Beta versions.

And there is no change whatsoever in anything to do with WideFS -- that's all completely separate code, only bound into FSUIPC for more efficiency and easier installation.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problems with P3D here on my Win7 based PC. In fact, so far no one who has the problem has reported Win7 -- all those we know are using Win10. Also most are also using LINDA or other add-ons involving Lua plug-ins with displays. So this is the area we are concentrating on.

Without knowing more about your setup -- operating system, add-ons, and exact symptoms, I can't really help you much further, at least with FSUIPC+P3D. I strongly suggest you check that other thread for similarities and see the discussions there.

On the WideFS side of things I would need to see your WideServer.LOG from the P3D modules folder, and the WideClient.LOG from the same folder as the WideClient you are using.

Pete

8 minutes ago, michael-t said:

I have the same in FSX: 4.959 runs o.K., but 4.959e gives a warning when FSX fires up and then crashes.

Not the same at all. Two major differences to the above report:

1. You are using FSX

2. His problem was with 4.959 as well.

I need more information to help, please. Windows crash details, which Windows, the actual wording of the "warning", and whether it is consistent, even on further load attempts -- because really it sounds like the normal SimConnect  problem with updated modules and its checks -- see the FAQ subforum thread "FSX fails to run after FSUIPC4 first installed".

Pete

4 minutes ago, michael-t said:

I hesitate to post details from the event log since I do not know what private information it may contain.

There's no private information in a crash log.

5 minutes ago, michael-t said:

as soon as I return to v4.959, FSX runs again.

SimConnect will already have approved of that version, that's why. There's an entry in the [Trusted] section of the FSX.CFG file -- take a look. The problem is almost certainly the Trust check timing error in SimConnect. It has been happening since the very first release of FSX, and The FSX team did try to fix it. By SP2/Accel they did manage to reduce it's likelihood, but never actually solved the issue -- parts were in Windows itself, outside their control.

How many times did you try reloading with the later version?  And you've not even said what Windows version you are using.

Please do read the thread in the FAQ subforum. There's more information there and lots of suggestions.

Pete

I tried 6 times as you wrote. It makes the new trusted entry in the fsx.cfg but still crashes. I am using FSUIPC since years and have updated it so many times... never faced anything similar. I will revert to v4.959 until a new full installer is available. Maybe it does not like that I just copied the dll over.

Michael

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

There's another long thread here dealing with the problems with the P3D 3.4 HotFix 2 release. Please see that. I'm working full time, with some volunteer testers, to try to work out why -- and I have asked L-M to be involved too.

The differences between 4.948 and 4.959 are minimal as far as P3D is concerned. The main differences are additional facilities like the Traffic Limiter option. The changes where P3D are concerned are just to adjust hooks so that frictions tables and so on are still usable. These sorts of changes have been needed for every P3D version and every increment, even Beta versions.

And there is no change whatsoever in anything to do with WideFS -- that's all completely separate code, only bound into FSUIPC for more efficiency and easier installation.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problems with P3D here on my Win7 based PC. In fact, so far no one who has the problem has reported Win7 -- all those we know are using Win10. Also most are also using LINDA or other add-ons involving Lua plug-ins with displays. So this is the area we are concentrating on.

Without knowing more about your setup -- operating system, add-ons, and exact symptoms, I can't really help you much further, at least with FSUIPC+P3D. I strongly suggest you check that other thread for similarities and see the discussions there.

On the WideFS side of things I would need to see your WideServer.LOG from the P3D modules folder, and the WideClient.LOG from the same folder as the WideClient you are using.

Pete

Yes, Pete, exactly my case: Win10 x64, LINDA, monitor lua.

To some reason I'm more concerned that my v6.999z2 WideClient(s) work fine with FSUIPC v4.958 but can't see FSUIPC v4.959 when  P3Dv3.4.918400 or  P3Dv3.4.18.19475 clients. Please note that all lua(s) on WideClient(s) are desabled (*.off)

Is this the link that you mentioned:  

Thanks,

1 hour ago, Sabrefly said:

To some reason I'm more concerned that my v6.999z2 WideClient(s) work fine with FSUIPC v4.958 but can't see FSUIPC v4.959 when  P3Dv3.4.918400 or  P3Dv3.4.18.19475 clients

As I said, there's no difference in WideFS. Without seeing the relevant logs, as IO mentioned, I can't really start guessing. Sorry.

Pete

9 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

As I said, there's no difference in WideFS. Without seeing the relevant logs, as IO mentioned, I can't really start guessing. Sorry.

Pete

Right, just my point was FSUIPCv4.958 worked fine, FSUIPCv4.959 did not even BEFORE P3D changes (older clients). So there must be something in FSUIPCv4.959 and not in P3D to isolate.

• 2 weeks later...