The simFlight Network Forums

makerunways for FSX-SE creates excel files

I have makerunways installed on my Win7  FSX machine, (single load) and works great. But, when I tried to install it on my Win10 FSX-SE machine(single load) instead of creating csv files, like on my FSX machine, The steam machine creates Excel files and wonder if this is a Win 10 security issue not giving me sufficient permissions? I have no idea on Win10 FSX how to configure admin rights.

Geoff

2 hours ago, por930 said:

I have makerunways installed on my Win7  FSX machine, (single load) and works great. But, when I tried to install it on my Win10 FSX-SE machine(single load) instead of creating csv files, like on my FSX machine, The steam machine creates Excel files

MakeRunways cannot possibly change the files it creates to different types. They are still csv files. You are being befuddled by Windows' habit of defaulting the Windows Explorer option for showing the full filename to off. It then classifies them according to what Application it thinks might read them. Excel can read csv files.

This stupid and annoying setting also classifies .log, files as text files and .ini as configuration files.

The FSUIPC user guide advises you to change that option. Left to default, it doesn't do any harm except mislead you and confuse you.

Why are you worried about it in any case? Programs which use the MakeRunways files won't be bothered.

Pete

Thanks for the reply Pete, much appreciated. And, yes, exactly has you said. It just looked strange when looking at the same load, but different output in a Win7 and a Win10 system(which I have yet to better understand its security etc)