The simFlight Network Forums

FS9 Level-D 767 VOR OBS Selector Assignments

Using FSUIPC registered version 3.999z9 with FS9 and need help with the button control assignments for the CAPTAIN SIDE VOR COURSE/OBS selector of the Level-D 767. In trying so by assigning VOR1_OBI_INC and VOR1_OBI_DEC to the corresponding joystick buttons i found these actually control the ILS COURSE in the CENTER PEDESTAL. I have tried using other assignments but have failed to find the right controls from the list. The COURSE/OBS is only controlled by mouse clicks and is not even mentioned in the custom controls list in the Level-D Menu therefore there is no key assignment for it. Can you please advice how to reassign the ILS COURSE control to the CAPTAIN SIDE VOR COURSE/OBS or how to identify the FSUIPC control that can accomplish it.

6 minutes ago, tomf14 said:

Level-D 767. In trying so by assigning VOR1_OBI_INC and VOR1_OBI_DEC to the corresponding joystick buttons i found these actually control the ILS COURSE in the CENTER PEDESTAL

They are standard FS controls. How individual aircraft react to them in up to them.

All aircraft I know of, and especially all Boeings, have just the one OBS which is used for VOR NAV radial Selection and the ILS Localiser. There are certainly not separate values implemented for the two almost identical radio aid facilities. The ILC LOC facility takes the place of the VOR radial facility when you tune an ILS frequency rather than a VOR one. You never have both operating together for that reason.

Pete

Dear Pete,

Thanks for the support, present you the brief log of the mouse clicks that i am trying to assign to my joystick buttons through FSUIPC to control CAPTAIN SIDE VOR COURSE SELECTOR. I am not an advanced programmer and do not understand the syntax of the log regarding the mouse clicks but having identified how FSUIPC sees them when selecting the NAV1 COURSE is it posible to somehow assign a button command to INCREASE COURSE and another button command to DECREASE COURSE for the Level-D 767? Please note that when assigning VOR1_OBI_INC and VOR1_OBI_DEC the ILS COURSE is always controlled regardless if an ILS frequency is tuned.

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.999z8 by Pete Dowson *********
Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)
User Name=
User Addr=
FSUIPC Key is provided
WIDEFS not user registered, or expired[Continuation log requested by user]
Module base=070C0000
WeatherReadInterval=4
LogOptions=00000001
104239 System time = 17/08/2017 18:28:20, FS2004 time = 12:47:54 (17:47Z)
104239 WeatherOptions set, now 609437A9 (timer=0)
122679 KEYDOWN: VK=18, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=4
122679 .. Key not programmed -- passed on to FS
122757 KEYUP: VK=18, Waiting=0
158543 System time = 17/08/2017 18:29:14, FS2004 time = 12:49:08 (17:49Z)
158543 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Memory managed: 0 Allocs, 1644 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

7 hours ago, tomf14 said:

Please note that when assigning VOR1_OBI_INC and VOR1_OBI_DEC the ILS COURSE is always controlled regardless if an ILS frequency is tuned.

As I said, THERE IS NO SEPARATE "ILS" COURSE AS OPPOSED TO THE VOR OBS. THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME!  There is absolutely no need for two separate values, and no aircraft I know of has such. The frequency is either ILS or it isn't, so the same course setting suffices!

Those two controls for INC and DEC are all there are and all you need.

Pete

Pete,

The Level-D 767 for FS2004 has three independent radios, NAV1, NAV2 and ILS each with its own course selector. The first two radios ONLY tunes VOR frequencies and the third only tunes ILS frequencies so course selection is also independent, hence you have separate VOR and ILS dials on the HSI. I agree that in many aircraft VOR and ILS frequencies can be tune in the same radio but it is not the case for this aircraft simulation. I am aware the gauges for the NAV1 and ILS radios have an .gau extension so the VOR1_OBI_INC and VOR1_OBI_DEC are already coded in the latter. In short, my goal is to create two button commands through FSUIPC to increase os decrease the course on the NAV1 radio, can it be done given the information i have provided in the thread of discussion?

3 hours ago, tomf14 said:

The Level-D 767 for FS2004 has three independent radios, NAV1, NAV2 and ILS each with its own course selector.

Really?  Sorry, I didn't know that. How unique! So with three separate ND indications for the three, or preseumably 1+ILS one side and 2+ILS the other, rather than the more usual (for Beoing at least) both sides being able to select either as well as ADF1 and ADF2?

FS itself doesn't actually handle such a configuration.  So really what you want could only be done if such a method was provided by the makers of that model. Wasn't there some other package which provides an FSUIPC interface for the Level-D package?

Pete