The simFlight Network Forums

INS align or nav mode button assignment

Hello Pete,

i configurated my original F-104 INS align panel with 2 button assignments. One joystick button is for align and the other for NAV mode. The really important

mode is the NAV mode, because i need it to use the attitude direction indicator.(Like most other Airbuses or Boeings have with their IRS)Is there any 

FSUIPC5 Control for INS or IRS align or NAV? 

MOVED FROM "ANNOUNCEMENTS" SUBFORUM!

Why post a support question to an "Announcements" subforum? It is in no way any sort of Announcement!

6 hours ago, Bueckerpilot said:

FSUIPC5 Control for INS or IRS align or NAV? 

Sorry, I don't really understand the question. Are you asking which? Which of what controls, by name? There are actually none to do with INS or aligning it.

FSX/P3D itself doesn't support any IRS system internally.   If you are dealing with a working IRS system in an add-on panel or aircraft than you'll need to ascertain whether that has such controls, possibly accessible by keyboard shortcut or local panel variable (L:Var) which you can program.

Pete

Oh, ok! I thought it should be possible to align an IRS in a P3D  Simulator by rotary mouse switching the IRS selector switches (3x in an A320 for example ) from Off via ALIGN  to NAV.

And how do you switch on the attitude direction indicator then? In the FSUIPC5 " 2016 List of FSX and P3D controls.PDF" there is, indeed, no assignment for IRS or INS alignment switching

or toggle switching.I created 2 Joystick buttons  with an original INS control panel (INS Rotary selector OFF-ALIGN-NAV)but now i have no possibility to switch on the INS.Did a mouse macro help in this situation?I want to switch my INS selector to Align and then to NAV from my cockpit and i want to see on the PC Monitor the Attitude Direction Indicator moving up to a

correct position to fly.I have no working IRS System, just the rotary selector working as  Joystick Buttons.

Thilo

22 minutes ago, Bueckerpilot said:

Oh, ok! I thought it should be possible to align an IRS in a P3D  Simulator by rotary mouse switching the IRS selector switches (3x in an A320 for example ) from Off via ALIGN  to NAV.

There would be for a particular add-on aircraft, but currently none of the FS-based simulators simulate the IRS by default.  You'll get an IRS capability in the FSX A320 and presumably the Aerosoft one too.

And how do you switch on the attitude direction indicator then?

"Attitude direction"? Er, what's that, and how is it related to IRS?

I want to switch my INS selector to Align and then to NAV from my cockpit and i want to see on the PC Monitor the Attitude Direction Indicator moving up to a correct position to fly.

Sorry, you'll need to explain what you thonk mean by an "attitude" indicator. Do you mean the horizon level on the PFD attitude indicator display? How do you think that's related to the IRS, which is a system which keeps track of the aircraft's movements across the globe in order to determine position (Latitude and Longitude) based on a known start position.

I have no working IRS System

So how are you expecting to control something you haven't got?

Pete

Hello Pete,

ok, the ADI is also called Primary flight Display (Airbus),e.g. artifical horizon. That`s the thing you look on to see your flight attitude, pitch and bank !In modern airplane`s you can switch a

flight director (cross bar or V bar) on it, but i am sure you know what i am talking about. The F-104 starfighter had an ADI (attitude direction indicator). That`s the same thing.The ADI is linked to the INS

platform. The INS gives the pitch and bank (attitude) information the the artifical horizon. That`s what the IRS does in the Airbus` PFD.

I have no working INS System means that i don`t use the real INS platform for my Simulator but the P3DV4 ssw104addon has the INS function in the Simulators Software. So i 

want to use the Simulators P3D sofware (for my complete F-104 Simulator) and the Rotary Switch in my Cockpit to Switch on the INS.

2 minutes ago, Bueckerpilot said:

ok, the ADI is also called Primary flight Display (Airbus),e.g. artifical horizon. That`s the thing you look on to see your flight attitude, pitch and bank !In modern airplane`s you can switch a

flight director (cross bar or V bar) on it, but i am sure you know what i am talking about. The F-104 starfighter had an ADI (attitude direction indicator). That`s the same thing.The ADI is linked to the INS

I know the ADI or PFD (as it is also known in the 737 -- my cockpit is a 737.  But the function of the INS in that is not needed on a simulated cockpit which does not feature an INS instrument.

6 minutes ago, Bueckerpilot said:

the P3DV4 ssw104addon

Is that the Airbus you are using, or something else?

6 minutes ago, Bueckerpilot said:

So i want to use the Simulators P3D sofware (for my complete F-104 Simulator) and the Rotary Switch in my Cockpit to Switch on the INS.

Oh, so it's an F-104.  Is that an add-on freaturing an INS? If so you need to find out what is needed to operate that, then assign your switch to its controls as appropriate. Becasuee as I said there are no controls in the default sim because the function is not simluated.

Pete