The simFlight Network Forums

Nyerges Design Real Traffic/Real Color File Issues (#NyergesDesign)

VenturaGuy101

I was doing an analysis of the liveries and airplane and airlines that are contained in each file.  I came up with this list of issues that I was unable to find the aircraft ICAO in airplanes.txt or the airline IATA code in the airlines.txt file.  Part of the issue is for 3-letter ICAO there is a '_' or '.' attached in airplanes.txt file and texture assets either does not use the '_' or uses a '.'

Here is the list or mismatches:

Error: TIST File: CNT._9K.jpg >CNT. airplane not found
Error: KPHL File: DH8A_US.jpg >US airline not found
Error: KPHL File: E145_US.jpg >US airline not found
Error: KPHL File: DH8C_US.jpg >US airline not found
Error: KLAX File: B748_KZ.jpg >KZ airline not found
Error: KLAX File: B744_KZ.jpg >KZ airline not found
Error: KLAX File: BEH_ZK.jpg >BEH airplane not found
Error: KATL File: CNJ_1I.jpg >CNJ airplane not found
Error: KBOS File: CNA_9K.jpg >CNA airplane not found
Error: KBOS File: CNJ_1I.jpg >CNJ airplane not found
Error: KPHX File: BET._A8.jpg >BET. airplane not found
Error: KPHX File: AB6._5X.jpg >AB6. airplane not found
Error: KPHX File: BE99_A8.jpg >BE99 airplane not found
Error: KPHX File: AB6._FX.jpg >AB6. airplane not found

For example CNT. is not listed in the airplanes.txt file but this is:

CNT_-CNT-CESSNA (TWIN TURBO)                      -PROP                            

I am looking to get a better understanding in making custom schedules if the texture assets are ICAO Aircraft + '_' + IATA Airline + '.jpg' format.                                                                    

I found one additional error in the airlines.txt (i.e. kbos_airlines.txt).  At the end of the file, the line for Air Transport is missing the Airline name.  There should be 5 sets of data separated by commas:  ICAO Code, IATA Code, Call Sign (Speech Recognition),  Airline name, and country.  There should be 'Air Transport,' between the all caps and the United States.

WOW, WW, WOW AIR, Wow Air, Iceland
ATN, 8C, AIR TRANSPORT, United States
BGL, A8, BENIN GOLF, Benin Golf Air, Republic of Benin
MNU, 7Q, MAINER, Elite Airways, United States

Corrected:

ATN, 8C, AIR TRANSPORT, Air Transport, United States

I found the same problem & fixed it locally.

As you are probably aware, there are heaps of guys out there, modifying all the .txt files to suit their individual capabilities and preferences & I am one of them. What is put out in the Real Traffic files, airport, airline files etc. is far from accurate including non existent airlines, airport missing etc. This is not a critisism of what Gabor does but reality.    

With every RT update I install it into a work directory & move it into an Excel file, compare it to the previous file & carry out amendments as required. Most times it is the airline.txt files that have errors.

One that comes to mind that I have changed is:-

Dragonair in Hong Kong is now Cathay Dragon  with a call sign of CATHAY DRAGON.

There are others like Colgan air now defunct but I have not brought it it Gabors attention as there might be simmer's that like to work older schedules so these might be still valid.

Each to their own

Kev M