The simFlight Network Forums

FSX Keyboard strokes

I have been having some problems with the FSUIPC4 remembering key assignments from the keyboard. It mostly happens when flying Aerosoft  DHC6-300 and 100 versions.  Landing, Strobe, taxi, beacon and nav lights, parking brake, autofeather_arm and pitot heat. Sometimes they work and sometimes not. If I go into the FSUIPC4 configure and run through the settings they work. If I use the mouse to click switch in the cockpit once then the key stroke will work. Sometimes it works better in windows mode instead of full screen.

Keyboard is getting old and maybe that is the reason.  I do have a wireless keyboard I can hook up but not sure it that will mess-up keyboard settings or the configurations settings.   

I check the other night to see if there were updates for FSUIPC4 and found a new version. I ran installer for version 4.972. Install notepad is as follows and shows 4.972 in stalled:

Installed FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.972a

I attached FSUIPC4.ini and FSUIPC4 install log for viewing.

Question is: Do I have to delete Ver. 4.971 and do a fresh install of Ver. 4.972 resulting in rebuilding aircraft configuration settings or am I running Ver. 4.972?

Thanks

Dick

FSX Deluxe Edition SP1 and SP2, Win 7 Home Premium SP1, Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz 2.66 GHz,10 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System.

FSUIPC4.ini

FSUIPC4 Install.log