The simFlight Network Forums

64 button interface card

Hello again,

Posted the same yesterday but cannot find my question so I try again.
I have a Leo Bodnar BBI-64 card.
There is no problem to detect the first 32 buttons I have connected, but from 33 to 64 is not detected in FSUIPC.
Am using the Keymapper software suggested by Leo Bodnar, but I do not know what I am doing wrong, it still is not possible to detect my other 32 buttons.

In the keymapper the button reacts and the computer knows it is there but no response whatsoever in FSUIPC.
All first 32 buttons are detected at once.

Why is that?

If I choose control panel and "game control" or whatever you call it, there is also only 32 buttons that can be detected.
Do I need some sort of addon for FSUIPC to detect the rest of my 32 buttons or what is needed?

My system is Windows 10, 16 GB RAM, 6 GB ASUS video card.

Have seen that the FSUIPC does not detect buttons above 32, BUT P3D does whenI go to Menu Options -> Controls and then choose a button above 32. Strange.....

Edited by sebpil

2 hours ago, sebpil said:

There is no problem to detect the first 32 buttons I have connected, but from 33 to 64 is not detected in FSUIPC.

Correct. FSUIPC uses a standard joystick interface across all versions which supports only up to 32 bittons, as documented. This is partly historical, but it is too late to change now without a major re-write, which is just not on.

2 hours ago, sebpil said:

Do I need some sort of addon for FSUIPC to detect the rest of my 32 buttons or what is needed?

I really don't know. LINDA might do the job, or you can use a Lua plug-in script, using the built-in COMhid interface. There may be something else around.

Pete

Thanks for your reply. That is strange!

In other topics here users can use more than 200 buttons.
I am very confused about LINDA it does not do much other than detect the button I switch on-off, there is no way to set a command for it like in FSUIPC like using the codes for example the overhead anti collision light <69756>, that seems impossible to ger LINDA to understand.

Or in other words, interface cards with more than 32 button controls is junk, is that what you say?
I can see in the ini file of 5.122 that it detects 64 buttons on my unit but cannot use button 33-64. That should be an easy way to solve for a programmer, but I am not that, so I am still looking for a solution for this.

This is what I mean with a similar other topic with way more than 32 buttons,
http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80315-256-button-hid-as-joystick/

Edited by sebpil

3 hours ago, sebpil said:

I am very confused about LINDA it does not do much other than detect the button I switch on-off, there is no way to set a command for it like in FSUIPC like using the codes for example the overhead anti collision light <69756>, that seems impossible to ger LINDA to understand

I'm sure it is possible to assign such aircraft specific custom controls. Many folks use LINDA for aircraft like the PMDG series which use such control extensions.

interface cards with more than 32 button controls is junk, is that what you say?

No, I clearly said no such thing! I only said that FSUIPC itself can only support 32, as published! Maybe one year there will be space enough to do the rewrite of all of the joystick part which would be needed, but that time is certainly not now, and I am not jeopardising the program for the 99.99% of users without such needs for the very few who do.

And there is a way using plugg-ins as I pointed out.  Even the thread you linked to provides such a solution:

This is what I mean with a similar other topic with way more than 32 buttons,
http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80315-256-button-hid-as-joystick/

Read it again if you missed that, where it was resolved.

Pete