The simFlight Network Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Yes, I probably should...I was hoping Microsoft would fix this asap, but will create a FAQ entry on this issue for now, and maybe a sticky/featured topic in the FSUIPC7 sub-forum (although there is already one) - not that many people will find these before posting....!
  3. You were right and I was wrong. I found (not easy) your work around and I installed 7.4.11. Thanks. Perhaps you could put the work around in its own post.
  4. This is a false-positive and has been reported many times before. See If you don't want to install, that is up to you. But the fix for this must come from Microsoft in its virus updates, and I do not know how long this will take (it has been reported to Microsoft already). This is a false-positive, and you can install by temporarily allowing the installer to be downloaded and ran - instructions in the link I posted above. John
  5. The website is not encrypted, no https. Although the download itself leads to a https site. The file is flagged by Windows Defender as a Trojan. As we have no way to review the code. I will not install it & wait for audit/fix.
  6. Dear Fabio. I love FlightControlReplay. I have two requests please: 1. the custom camera angles don't seem to persist. I often have to go through and select them all again. Can they persist between sessions, please? 2. Can the current camera angle be shown in the app (small text)? There are some camera angles I don't like so much, but I don't know what ones to delete, as I don't know which angle they are (Eg external #3 or external #7 etc). Thanks and kind regards Rod
  7. There is no virus in FSUIPC7, and no virus is detected in the FSUIPC7.exe. However, since a windows defender virus update a few weeks ago, there is a false-positive detection of a virus by Windows Defender in the FSUIPC7 installer (i.e. in the installer, not in FSUIPC7 itself). There are many posts about this, including instructions on what to do to install FSUIPC7 for the time being. I have also informed Microsoft and hopefully this will be rectified in a future virus definition update. Those version numbers make no sense. Current released version is 7.4.11 That message should be obvious. You are using a version of FSUIPC that is expecting to be used with WASM 1.0.3, but you have 1.0.2 installed. Nothing to do with firewalls. To get rid of this warning, install WASM 1.0.3. Or better still, just re-install FSUIPC7 (including WASM) via the FSUIPC7 installer. It is also only a warning - generally you should be mostly fine running mismatched versions as I try to keep the interface roughly compatible. However, you may have issues trying to use any new features introduced in 1.0.3 (as you are still running WASM 1.0.2), if there were any. John
  8. As a ProSim user I would love to see WXR working again. Thank you very much πŸ™‚ Didier
  9. It should do when no braking is applied... No - the script controls differential braking, which activates when the brake lever is pressed and the rudder has > 16 degrees deflection. There is no differential braking without using the script, unless you have also assigned that directly to your rudder axis. as it is supposed to... Of course, as it is being steered by the rudder. Are you saying that you do not want any rudder changes deflection to be sent when on the ground? Any rudder deflection will effect the steering when on the ground. Why would that help? You can use the letter or the id/number, but the result would be the same. Note that no steering controls are being sent - only rudder controls. It is this that is steering the aircraft when on the ground. You can prevent this, but then you would also see no rudder deflection when moving the rudder when on the ground. Try the attached script for this. i.e. rudder controls only sent when airborne. Please look at the scripts and work out what is happening. If you understand them, you can modify them yourself to suit your needs. John nanchangBrake.lua
  10. You will automatically get a discount on check-out if you have purchased an earlier version of FSUIPC, otherwise no discounts.
  11. No, sir. Still nothing new. The axis still acts like normal nosewheel steering. Yes, the differential braking works (I guess it always did), and the hand brakes work in concert when the pedals are neutral, but it still steers on the ground with just rudder pedal deflection when no hand brakes are applied. The plane would not do that in real life. I even added joy letters (naming the control stick C) to see if that helped. What are you thoughts? Somehow we must remove the nosewheel steering functionality. Were you able to get your Chang to work? - Josh P.S. Maybe I should've shared more of my purpose and background. I'm hoping to develop this model in order to help others learn ground ops on the real life Nanchang CJ-6. I'm not a programmer or a true Simmer; just a pilot hoping to learn new ways of teaching. I bought DCS just so I could get the Yak (it works great with no mods just as in real life), and I got P3D just for the Chang. I was disappointed with the model's functionality and set out to improve it with FSUIPC, but I may have gotten in over my head. I truly appreciate your help. If we can solve this mystery, we may be able to help all sorts of new Red Star pilot types learn how to taxi Migs, L-39s, L-29s, Yaks, Changs and other Eastern Bloc planes w/air systems.
  12. Hi John, Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, some time ago I tried to assign a single button on one of my controls, with no luck. I have changed the 8 to 12 and everything is working fine now. Thank you again Roger
  13. Ah, I do get a rate of ~62ms after turning off the lua plugin logging. Seems like the issue has been resolved. Thank you very much for your assistance. Zamir
  14. Yesterday
  15. Hello John, Like many, I receive a virus message with ver. 3.4. I have windows firewall and defender shut off. The router has a firewall that recognizes my IP address for a legitimate return of a request. My Chrome download still shows a virus with the download. Running Ver 3.4.12 on the server and Ver 3.4.11 on the client. I downloaded the 3.4 executable (FSUIPC7.exe) from the forum. I now receive the following error: 7914593 [ERROR]: **** The installed WASM version is 1.0.2 while the WAPI is expecting WASM version 1.0.3. Please update the WASM module as this may cause issues. Perhaps there isn't an issue with Windows Defender. I am running Windows 11 on my server and Windows 10 on my client and FSUIPC7 on both. The firewall and defender are off on both pcs. The message from the client is: 8729454 [INFO]: **** Starting FSUIPC7 WASM Interface (WAPI) version 1.0.4 (WASM version 1.0.3) using connection -1 VFSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7.log
  16. Does not match what? What do you mean by this? The ini file does not match anything.... it is unique to your system and set-up. Your ini looks like a default ini file - no profiles or assignments, and with one lua file recognised (PMCO_FNX32X.lua). You have to configure/set-up FSUIPC7 for what you want to use. Please see the provided documentation - start with the User guide and also look through the Advanced User guide. This will give you an idea of what you can do with FSUIPC7. Otherwise, please explain why you think you have an issue, and what you actually want to do with FSUIPC7. Also, before purchasing FSUIPC7 I recommend trying the trial license first (available at the top of this forum) to make sure it is suitable for your needs. But too late now! John
  17. I just figured it out from the previous thread about the 530. I defined a pfc.mcro file: [Macros] 1=GoAround+=CPAUTO_THROTTLE_TO_GA,1 -{Preset Control}- Thank you, Logan
  18. Hi, I just purchased FSUIPC MSFS, I did all the installation and registration of the product according to the YouTube video. After installing the PCMO Fenix32 files, the INI file does not match. I have provided you with the INI file. Thank you for your reply. FSUIPC7.ini
  19. See this post on how to assign the Bravo trim wheel for default elevator trim controls (and AP functions): This uses a lua script for fast/slow trim control, and uses FSUIPC offsets to set the trim value. You can increase/decrease the delta for both the fast and slow trim buttons if required. This is the standard way to set-up a trim wheel in FSUIPC, providing the aircraft supports the standard controls. If not, you can still use the lua script (for fast and slow virtual buttons), but you would need to change the assignments to the fast/slow virtual buttons to whatever controls the trim in the aircraft (n the aircraft profile). Checked in the DA62 and those assignments are valid for this aircraft, but you probably want to increase the delta values - the current values of 24 (for slow) and 50 (for fast) seem a bit low. Just increase them to whatever feels good for you. There isn't much documentation that I know of, only this: https://docs.flightsimulator.com/flighting/html/Additional_Information/Reverse_Polish_Notation.htm John
  20. I get a similar rate (i.e. every 800ms or so) when lua plugin logging is enabled: but if I turn off lua plugin logging the rate increases to roughly every 63ms (and faster rates if I reduce the ipc.sleep delay at line 59, which defaults to 48ms): So, what rate do you see if you turn off the lua plugin logging?
  21. You cannot change that file - it is generated on-the-fly from the macros loaded. You need to define your own macro for GoAround for your aircraft if the default implementation isn't working, either in a PFC.mcro file (for all aircraft) or in an aircraft-specific macro file. Please see the PFChidDLL User Guide on configuring macros, as well as the FSUIPC documentation on macros and other support requests on defining macros for PFC devices. John
  22. You can use the lvar XMLVAR_Transponder_Mode with the following values: 0 - ALT RPTG OFF 1 - XPDR 2 - TA ONLY 3 - TA/RA 4 - STBY To assign to an lvar, you can either define your own preset, use a macro or add the lvar to an FSUIPC offset and use the offset controls to change the offset value and this update the lvar. For example, to use a preset, add the following to your myevents.txt file: //HorizonSim/787-9/Controls Horizon_787_Trannsponder_Mode#$Param (>L:XMLVAR_Transponder_Mode) and assign to that preset with a parameter of 4,0,1,2 or 3 for the various positions. John
  23. Hey, The advanced simulation of the Airbus A320 by Fenix for MSFS is probably the most popular and appreciated of the existing airliner add-ons. With their recent updates and expansion announcements for A319/A321, it's useful to remind that FlightControlReplay 5 comes with Custom Support for this aircraft. Those complex 3D models with numerous animated parts, controlled by intricated simulated systems, do not use the simple and SDK compliante bits of code. That's why I have to look up carefully and adds dedicated programming scripts to ensure that FlightControlReplay will actually detect the exact animation information, position, speed, status, so they can be accurately replayed after your recording session : supported parts are Spoilers, Flaps, Gear and Reversers. Just don't forget that Replay with an advanced aircraft requires to reload a new flight from MSFS, and then only you can load the Replay .FCR file. End of April is coming fast and my announced update with MS Dune Expansion support is not ready yet, so I prefer to be honest and it's going to be renamed probably May24 Update ! I'm still working on it before it's yours. Please be patient and I found those videos featuring FlightControlReplay to keep you busy : AviationLads Aerosoft | Frankfurt/Main Airport | Microsoft Flight Simulator [First Look] AviationLads Aerosoft | Oslo-Gardermoen Airport | Microsoft Flight Simulator [Official Trailer] The Flight Sim Deck Crop Dusting Up North | Microsoft Flight Simulator Blu Games New Mega Airport Oslo Scenery | MSFS LIVE
  24. Thanks, John (and hi!!) ... you're quite correct, as ever. It turns out I was forgetting to pass the axis through FSUIPC (I'd been fiddling with Axis & Ohs) .... mega DUH!!! I wrote the scripts almost exactly two years ago ... I'm amazed they still work, LOL! I'm amending it so it can work across the board (without checking for autopilot engage y/n) - mainly for the aircraft that use detents (FBW A320 or Fenix A320) where it's easy for the throttle to creep out of the slot. I think a more effective solution would be to do a hardware mod on the throttle (clear the jelly/gloop). Unbelievable how Saitek/Logitech produce this expensive cr*p! Thanks again, Adam.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.