The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC always overwrites real weather downloads FS2004

Hi,

I have had this annoying problem for a week. I went searching and found the FSUIPC log. At first, I didn't think FSUIPC would overwrite downloaded weather unless I told it to. The log was stating: Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded.

I went through the settings and found on the Technical Tab, under Addtional facilites an option stating "Allow changes to FS own weather". This option was untick, so I ticked it and it seems to be ok.

Can you tell me if this is the only setting needed so that FS2004 will always fly with the weather it downloads at the start and each given 15 minutes.

Thanks,

Robert

I have had this annoying problem for a week. I went searching and found the FSUIPC log. At first, I didn't think FSUIPC would overwrite downloaded weather unless I told it to. The log was stating: Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded.

That is because FSUIPC needs to know when you have loaded a new flight or weather scenerio using FS facilities so that it doesn't try to overwrite it with any externally set weather. That's all it means. It isn't FSUIPC clearing the weather, it is clearing its memory of external weather from FSMeteo or whatever.

I went through the settings and found on the Technical Tab, under Addtional facilites an option stating "Allow changes to FS own weather". This option was untick, so I ticked it and it seems to be ok.

By doing that you are asking FSUIPC to make changes to the weather FS sets itself. If it does this you will never, for instance, get weather themes to stick. They will always revert to "user defined". That is what that is defaulted off, so you don't get FSUIPC interfering with anything!

Can you tell me if this is the only setting needed so that FS2004 will always fly with the weather it downloads at the start and each given 15 minutes.

You needed to leave it alone, as it was. You have set it the reverse I'm afraid. FSUIPC doesn't touch downloaded weather UNLESS you change some of its options to allow it to. That is why the defaults are set that way, to avoid the confusion you have got into by misinterpreting one log message as its reverse!

Regards,

Pete

Thanks Pete..

Looks like it is back to the drawing board. I Unticked the option as you have mentioned, I know I have my rainy weather back. This was the real weather downloaded over a week ago. Since I saved a flight with it, it just keeps applying this weather, even though I download new weather at the start and every 15 minutes. I just can't seem to get rid of it.

Thanks for your reply anyway.. I'll keep searching.

Robert

Looks like it is back to the drawing board. I Unticked the option as you have mentioned, I know I have my rainy weather back. This was the real weather downloaded over a week ago. Since I saved a flight with it, it just keeps applying this weather, even though I download new weather at the start and every 15 minutes. I just can't seem to get rid of it.

According to messages on some of the other forums, this is because the Microsoft/Jeppesen weather service has been down for a while. I don't know when it'll be back up. Maybe it is already. See for instance this thread in the FS2004 forum:

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=15341

Regards,

Pete

Thanks Pete

i was searching the groups for clues, but that must explain it. Although I was getting a successful download, it just must have been the "last version" of it.

Thanks again.. Keep up the good work with FSUIPC. One day I'll get around to using it fully.