The simFlight Network Forums

PFC.DLL - Request for two enhancements to radio sections

Pete,

I have two requests, both related to how the radios are implemented in the PFC driver:

1. I have been happily plodding along with my PFC stack, and am appreciative of how the driver cleverly implements a "virtual COM2" radio, which made up for FS2000's total lack of one.

Ironically, since I've been using that virtual COM2 radio with FS2004, I did not realize until recently that 2004's COM2 is actually useful, in a way that emulates real-world COM radio usage. That is, '2004 allows (via the audio panel) being able to listen to COM2 while keeping COM1 active as the primary/transmitting radio, and thus being able to listen to ATIS for the destination airport, which is of course a common task when flying IFR or with flight following. It would be really nice to be able to do that with the PFC stack.

2. I'm not sure if this is possible (i.e. whether you have access to the required variables within FS2004), but it would also be nice if the flip-flop radio logic was changed so that the flip-flop values within FS2004 are used, rather than emulating the flip-flop capability within PFC.DLL.

One specific situation where this would be very nice is this: I use the RealityXP 530XP Garmin simulator add-on, which "contains" a COM and NAV radio. On a LOC or ILS approach, the 530 can automatically load the required LOC frequency into the standby side of the NAV radio as the aircraft approaches the Final Approach Fix. Similarly, the Garmin's COM radio's standby side can be loaded with a selected airport's ATIS/GND/Tower/etc. pretty easily, which is quite handy. But, with the standby logic currently residing within PFC.DLL, I cannot use this feature without messing around with clickspots (ugh).

I suspect that neither of these requests are trivial, but as an old manager of mine once said, "the answer's always No until you ask".

Thanks,

Dave Blevins

NEVERMIND.

I can't believe this, but I read the "new enhancements" section at the top of this forum literally two minutes after posting my requests above, and it seems that my wishes have already been granted!

Doh! My bad, and further I wasted a bunch of time typing all that in. Rest assured I'll read the What's New stuff *first* next time.

Best regards,

Dave "red in the face" Blevins

I can't believe this, but I read the "new enhancements" section at the top of this forum literally two minutes after posting my requests above, and it seems that my wishes have already been granted!

Yes, they were requested a while ago. I had a big effort on PFC last week and implemented all the things left on my "wish list" for PFC.

Enjoy!

Regards,

Pete