The simFlight Network Forums

Winds

Hi Pete,

I read your explanations below. One of the most beneficial might be to assign a decent direction for "calm" winds, which are currently set to 0/0. Where in FSUIPC is that option? I went out with the PMDG today and crashed because the winds changed suddenly. Btw. I am having some problems with the V3.128. I can't engage the PMDG autopilot anymore, don't know if it's just me but after I had changed back to 125 all was fine again except the wind thing.

I read your explanations below. One of the most beneficial might be to assign a decent direction for "calm" winds, which are currently set to 0/0. Where in FSUIPC is that option?

It isn't in FSUIPC. It was a suggestion for weather programs. FSUIPC cannot decide what a "decent direction" for winds in, it is only passing on data on behalf of the programs which have the database and know the locations of the weather they are setting.

I am having some problems with the V3.128. I can't engage the PMDG autopilot anymore, don't know if it's just me but after I had changed back to 125 all was fine again

The only possible change which may affect PMDG aircraft is that the PMDGOptions DLL should now be working fine as it would have in 3.11. It's possible that in 3.12 and 3.125 the options it provides may not have worked after loading the aircraft.

FSUIPC itself doesn't touch the autopilot or have anything to do with it.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

I too noticed that the autopilot and autothrottle both were inoperative after installing 3.128 (registered) and trying to fly the PMDG 737 NG. Several other's saw this in the PMDG forum and also mentioned that the SSW A310 forum had mentioned the same thing. Going back to 3.125 solved the problem, so will be sticking with that one for now.

Steve Park

KSDF

I too noticed that the autopilot and autothrottle both were inoperative after installing 3.128 (registered) and trying to fly the PMDG 737 NG. Several other's saw this in the PMDG forum and also mentioned that the SSW A310 forum had mentioned the same thing. Going back to 3.125 solved the problem, so will be sticking with that one for now.

I think that part of the PMDG installation does not work with 3.125, which may explain the difference. Try removing the PMDGoptions.DLL from the Modules folder, and using 3.128. If this seems to "work" the same as in 3.125 with PMDGoptions, then it is that DLL, now allowed to operate again, which is making the difference. It is a bug in 3.125 which I suspect you are probably "taking advantage of" to bypass some operations needed which are coded into PMDG's more sophisticated cockpit.

I've not heard of the SSW A310.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

I tried what you suggested and in the PMDG NG, I get a blank cockpit when I move the PMDGoption.dll file out of the \modules folder and start the aircraft with FSUIPC 3.128. Move the PMDGOption.dll back again, and I get the cockpit back, but autopilot does not work. I replace the 3.128 with 3.125 and everything works again (as it has since I purchased and registered FSUIPC 3.00). Seems to be just this release.

I also tried to load the Simulation Software Workshop's A310 and I get a message that "wrong or no FSUIPC" is present, the a "Failed to connect to FSUIPC" message. When I replace 3.128 with 3.125, all works well again. I haven't been over to the SSW support forum and see what they are saying there, just repeated something I saw in my thread in the PMDG forum at AVSIM. I also have not tried the 3.128 release with any other "Complex" addon I have so may be affecting more than just these two.

Steve Park

I tried what you suggested and in the PMDG NG

Yes, thanks. since then I have had other reports and details (see appropriately entitled threads), and solved the issue, and I've actually released version 3.129 which I think will fix it. The anouncements tell the reason. I don't think it is quite on the Schiratti website yet, but I'm sure it will be by tomorrow.

Thanks & Regards,

Pete