The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.128

Hi Peter, several users are reporting an error message with Ready for Pushback aircraft when using the latest update of FSUIPC. The message refers to wrong version of FSUIPC or FSUIPC not installed. You can "Okay" though the messages ( it appears at least twice on my system)and everything appears to work after that, but it is annoying and did not occur with version 3.125.

Just wanted to be certain that you were aware of the problem.

Best Regards,

Hi Peter, several users are reporting an error message with Ready for Pushback aircraft when using the latest update of FSUIPC. The message refers to wrong version of FSUIPC or FSUIPC not installed. You can "Okay" though the messages ( it appears at least twice on my system)and everything appears to work after that, but it is annoying and did not occur with version 3.125.

Just wanted to be certain that you were aware of the problem.

I think it's the same problem as reported with A/P and A/T by a couple of PMDG 737 users. It is to do with the way FSUIPC now more safely doesn't start up fully until FS is completely operational. Some DLLs and Gauges are getting in a request to FSUIPC before this and are getting the wrong answers back. I am fixing it now -- I'm trying to do it in a way which still stops any attempts to access non-ready parts of FS (like SIM1.DLL) but without stopping access to those areas which aren't a problem.

It only seems to affect folks who either have such complex aircraft as default or who select it from the initial "create a flight" dialogue. Reloading the aircraft concerned fixes it as by then the access restrictions are lifted.

This is really all down to me being rather over-zealous with adding more safety code to FSUIPC. When I have tested the fixed version it will be released as 3.129.

Sorry about the hassle.

Regards,

Pete

No hassle at all, just wanted to be certain that you were aware. Too many times, the last person to know of a problem is the one most concerned with it.

I told our users that I bet that you were already working on a solution; that was the safest bet I ever made.

Best Regards,

Pete, How are you? I am having the same problem with my Elite dual serial throttle quadrant. I am getting the same error message, only problem is, the elite driver does not work after flightsim 2004 has started. It worked great with 3.125, but it is claiming that FSUIPC is not opening or there is a version older than 29.92. Any suggestions

Kilo_whiskey

Now that's what I call excellent customer service....Thanks :lol:

One other question while I have you here. Elite has now made there Throttle quarants dependent on FSUIPC, is there anyway of making changes to throttle assignments through FSUIPC, I am particularly interested in the Fanda Dash 8. I am unable to get the Power levers to work independently for controlling engines 1 and 2. There does not seem to be any reponse when checking on the throttles pages for anything (PL, Props and Mixture) :? Even though Elite does their own module programming, is there anyway of changing up some of the throttle assignments. I am seriously trying to avoid buying a PFC TQ, I already have the mooney yoke so, I am becoming extremely tempted. My wife is trying to stop this process :D

Kilo_Whiskey

Elite has now made there Throttle quarants dependent on FSUIPC, is there anyway of making changes to throttle assignments through FSUIPC, I am particularly interested in the Fanda Dash 8. I am unable to get the Power levers to work independently for controlling engines 1 and 2. There does not seem to be any reponse when checking on the throttles pages for anything (PL, Props and Mixture) :?

I don't know the Elite driver, sorry (they've never contacted me about anything), but if they control the throttles by directly writing to the locations in FS, then this bypasses all FS and FSUIPC assignment and calibration processes. Sorry. You'd have to ask them to modify their driver.

Regards,

Pete