The simFlight Network Forums

Registration of FSUIPC failed

Hi Pete,

after reinstallation of my registered copy of FSUIPC on a new computer the password is not accepted. I got 2 passwords by simmarket, when I purchased the program and these worked only once. May be that my name is Schnädelbach and not Schnaedelbach. What can we do, I need another new password and Andrea Nass from simmarket told me to send this problem in this forum. I wanted to send you a screenshot of my datas from simmarket, but don't find any e-mail adress from you.

Best regards

Chris Schnaedelbach

ib.sw@gmx.de

after reinstallation of my registered copy of FSUIPC on a new computer the password is not accepted.

If you use exactly the same NAME and KEY the registration will work. Both parts must be absolutely the same as originally notified to you and as you must have originally entered into the registration page.

I got 2 passwords by simmarket, when I purchased the program and these worked only once. May be that my name is Schnädelbach and not Schnaedelbach.

The program doesn't care what your name is, only that you enter what you are told to enter in the message giving you your key.

I wanted to send you a screenshot of my datas from simmarket, but don't find any e-mail adress from you.

I do not want screenshots. If you forward me a copy of your original notification, to petedowson@btconnect.com, I will check it here. But please first just enter the same details as you did originally, even if you don't like that spelling of your name. All SimMarket did was use the spelling you gave them when you applied.

Best regards

Chris Schnaedelbach

I thought you said, just a bit earlier, that "my name is Schnädelbach and not Schnaedelbach.", so why do you sign off differently? Maybe this is the problem with registration? Please use the same name, exactly, each time. Computers are stupid, they don't interpret what you mean only what you say.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

I copied and pasted everything, so name and password is ok, but it doesn't work with me. May be it depends on the Umlaut "ä" instead of ae in my Name. I will send you the registration mail to you next days, it is on another computer.

Best regards

Chris

I copied and pasted everything, so name and password is ok, but it doesn't work with me. May be it depends on the Umlaut "ä" instead of ae in my Name. I will send you the registration mail to you next days, it is on another computer.

Okay. Was the previous version of FSUIPC, the one which you had successfully registered, 3.00 or 3.01 or similar? Only in the first few days of FSUIPC 3's release were there any difficulties with accented characters. I thought we'd replaced all the invalid keys long ago. Is this your first FSUIPC upgrade since the end of August?

Anyway, I will check therm and take appropriate action when I see them. But I do need the original email. Thanks,

Pete