WideClient problem

Tod

Hi Peter.

Have just installed VoiceBuddy.

Have main comp with Fs9

FSUIPC registered. 3129

WidSever registered. 6101

Has been working very well for ages.

Since VoiceBuddy instalation and this may be coincidental.

With one machine on my network running with Wideclient

I have Fs9 showing from 2-9 connections fluctuating.

Any idea what is going down here.

Best regards

Tod.

Have just installed VoiceBuddy.

Sorry, I've never heard of that. Does it use the Network?

With one machine on my network running with Wideclient

I have Fs9 showing from 2-9 connections fluctuating.

Any idea what is going down here.

Check the WideFS documentation. It does explain why that can happen -- here, I'll reproduce the appropriate paragraph for you:

"Note that the number of current connections is shown in the title bar of Flight Simulator. This may fluctuate if responses to clients aren't currently being sent. This is because the client assumes that a lack of response for many tries means a disconnected link, so opens a new one. The server detects disused links after a while, and closes them, but there's an overlapping period whilst more connections may actually be open than there are clients."

So, something is stopping responses from the Server. Check the WideServer and WideClient Log files, that's where any useful information will be found. It is most definitely something up with the network though. If this "VoiceBuddy" does something with the network or your protocols then it may well be responsible.

Regards,

Pete