The simFlight Network Forums

Dreamfleet 737-400 And FSUIPC 3.135

Hi,

I had a few problems with the Dreamfleet 737-400. These are:

1. When flying i want to fly on headings. When i change my heading in the MCP and activate the HDG it doesnt react.

The light is going on, but i need to stear myself. Only the last 10 degrees the autopilot reacts and steers+hold it.

2. My Course isnt working anymore. The wheel on the MCP turns but the actual course isnt changing. Neither in the MCP or the display.

Well i've searched and searched for solutions till i posted it on the Dreamfleet 2000 forum.

The problem was FSUIPC. I never expected this because on your site dreamfleet 737-400 isnt standing in the list of software using FSUIPC.

Anywayz when i degraded my fsuipc to 2.975 it worked fine again.

Only i really hate this because i like to have new stuff (you wouldnt make new versions if it wouldnt have any use right) and now i can never upgrade FSUIPC anymore while using the dreamfleet 737-400.

Maybe there's a solution?

The problem was FSUIPC. I never expected this because on your site dreamfleet 737-400 isnt standing in the list of software using FSUIPC.

Anywayz when i degraded my fsuipc to 2.975 it worked fine again.

There is nothing changed in FSUIPC which affects any of those things, unless (a) the Dream Fleet 737 does use FSUIPC for them (though I don't see why it would), and (b) you did not register your copy of FSUIPC and Dream Fleet provided no access key for FSUIPC.

You see, since version 3.00, FSUIPC is only free for FreeWare access. If you register it and enter your Key then all the facilities are available to you and also, as a bonus, all programs will work with it without needing an access key. Many commercial add-ons are licensed for FSUIPC and do have an access key.

You say "I never expected this because on your site dreamfleet 737-400 isnt standing in the list of software using FSUIPC.", but I do not list software using FSUIPC -- I have no way of knowing, as use of the SDK is free. This forum is my only "site", and I don't even try to list any programs. Possibly you are referring to the Enrico Schiratti page containing my software? I know he allows free listing of FSUIPC clients on that page, but I think they are by request of the publishers.

You could easily test whether the DF737 needs FSUIPC by removing FSUIPC altogether and seeing if it all still works correctly. Also, if it is trying to use FSUIPC and you have version 3.135 installed, there should be some entry in the FSUIPC Log, and possibly a message box occurring telling you it isn't accredited, if indeed it is not.

Regards,

Pete