The simFlight Network Forums

FS9 is shutting down on its own, maybe problem of FSUIPC ?

Hello Pete,

I don´t knwo if this you could help me with my problen, but I just ask.

I use a 2.6Ghz PC with Matrox Parhelia and 1.5GBRam WIN-XP, FS9 and FSUIPC. The FS9 just shuts himself down while generating the scenery (original, no add-ons) or sometimes while flying after 2-3 Minutes.

Why I ask you: With Fthe older version of FSUIPC (3.128) it happend while starting up, with the new one, downloaded today it shuts down after 2-3 minutes. There is no error message, nothing. And it´s not depending if the other computers with proejct magenta are working or not.

Maybe you knwo something about this ?

Best regards

Chris

I don´t knwo if this you could help me with my problen, but I just ask.

I use a 2.6Ghz PC with Matrox Parhelia and 1.5GBRam WIN-XP, FS9 and FSUIPC. The FS9 just shuts himself down while generating the scenery (original, no add-ons) or sometimes while flying after 2-3 Minutes.

Why I ask you: With Fthe older version of FSUIPC (3.128) it happend while starting up, with the new one, downloaded today it shuts down after 2-3 minutes. There is no error message, nothing. And it´s not depending if the other computers with proejct magenta are working or not.

No, FSUIPC isn't contributing to that. The only reason for the different timing is the slight difference in memory arrangements and time processing messages. It sounds like something related to video drivers and interaction with DX9. I use a Parhelia too, but with no panel displayed, only scenery. The latest drivers (1.05 something) seem pretty reliable. But possibly some of the Display options in FS need changing?

Sorry, I've really got no other ideas at present. Experimentation is the key I fear.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Pete,

it was the Parhelia driver. I took the newest one and installed it, now it works nearly perfect.

Another question. You have a document where all key-codes from FS9 are written, but how can I use them with Go-Flight modules ? For example there is a numner like 66532 what does that mean ? Can i translate this into SHIFT+E or something ?

Best regards and a happy new year

Chris

it was the Parhelia driver. I took the newest one and installed it, now it works nearly perfect.

Great. Glad you resolved it so easily!

Another question. You have a document where all key-codes from FS9 are written, but how can I use them with Go-Flight modules ? For example there is a numner like 66532 what does that mean ? Can i translate this into SHIFT+E or something ?

No. Those numbers are simply the internal values for controls otherwise assigned in FS's CFG file. If you go to FS's Options-Settings-Assignments you'll see lots of controls you can assign to keystrokes or buttons. Each of those has a name and a number. FSUIPC lists the names in the drop-downs in its Keys and Buttons pages (it gets the names from FS's own CONTROLS.DLL). The numbers are simply how those names are represented internally -- and how FSUIPC records assignments in its INI files. 66532 for instance is the control named "AIRSPEED BUG SELECT" (whatever that is).

If you want to assign keystrokes to controls you can do that in FS's Assignments or in FSUIPC. The only difference is that FSUIPC lists all of them, whether useful, working, or not. It simply extracts the list from CONTROLS.DLL. FS only lists those that Microsoft thought you'd find useful.

I think GoFlight have their own programming system for assigning controls to their buttons and switches, though, again, they seem to be rather selective.

Happy New Year,

Pete

Hello Pete,

the problem happend again. I reinstalled FS9 completely and it worked. Then I installed Go-Flight-Products and it did not work any more in a acceptable way.

The FS2002 is working.

My Question to you: You have Matrox Parhelia, did you get FS2002 work on all three monitors in strechted mode ? If I try to do this, it only shows until the size of 2 monitors, if I want to stretch the window more than this, I only see dark !

Does it work on your system or is this a problem of FS2002 ?

Best regards

Chris

My Question to you: You have Matrox Parhelia, did you get FS2002 work on all three monitors in strechted mode ? If I try to do this, it only shows until the size of 2 monitors, if I want to stretch the window more than this, I only see dark !

Does it work on your system or is this a problem of FS2002 ?

It's a problem of DirectX 7, as used in FS2002, which had a limitation of 2048 pixels in any dimension. Provided your window is less than 2049 pixels wide it will work. You can use full screen at 1920 x 480 (i.e. 3 x 640 x 480) -- I used that quite happily on FS2002 from October 2002, when I got my first Parhelia, until FS2004 came out. For scenery only I found 1920 x 480 perfectly acceptable.

Regards,

Pete