The simFlight Network Forums

Confused, frustrated with "keysend" in WideFS and

Pete, I've browsed the posts and found everything I could about "keysend". Unfortuntely, I have to admit I'm totally confused now with the documentation in WideFS. I understand what lines go in what ini files, but the values have me stumped.

I'm running FS on system 1 with FSUIPC and WideServer installed.

I'm running Squawkbox/Roger Wilco on system 2 with WideClient installed.

All works well.

I want to send a yoke keypress to system 2 and RW that holds the key until released for the radio. The key number is K192 (`)

WideServer.ini

[user]

Log=Errors+

KeySend1=?????

WideClient.ini

[user]

Log=Errors+

Actionkeys=Yes

Keysend1=?????

RunReady1=C:\Program Files\SquawkBox\squawkbox.exe

FSUIPC.ini

[buttons]

0=R1,0,C1001,0

1=U1,0,C1002,0

I know you've covered this in the past, but you refer to the documentation, which is what I'm not making heads of tails of. I'm going in circles between the docs for FSUIPC and WideFS (thank god for dual monitors LOL), and have come up with:

1001 for PTT on

1002 for PTT off

1006 for keysend

K192 for the key command I want to use

1 for the joystick button I want to use

Please bear with me and throw me a hint.

Warren Soeldner

Unfortuntely, I have to admit I'm totally confused now with the documentation in WideFS. I understand what lines go in what ini files, but the values have me stumped.

Odd, most seem to manage okay. That system is about 6 years old now and the documentation has got better, not worse (or at least that's what I hoped and tried for).

I want to send a yoke keypress to system 2 and RW that holds the key until released for the radio. The key number is K192 (`)

What does "holds the key" mean? Do you just want to use "Push To Talk"? If so, with Roger Wilco you don't need any key. The special keywords "RWon" and "RWoff" are provided, as explained in the documentation.

WideServer.ini

[user]

Log=Errors+

KeySend1=?????

If you want to use WideServer, you need to work out the button number to put there in place of ?????. But it is far easier to do in FSUIPC's Button's page. Check the FSUIPC User Guide, assign your button (which you only have to press for FSUIPC to identify) to the KeySend control, and set it with parameter 1 for press, 2 for release (for example).

WideClient.ini

[user]

Log=Errors+

Actionkeys=Yes

Keysend1=?????

If all you want is Push To Talk in RW, assign RWon to the KeySend number allocated to the press (1 say) and RWoff to the KeySend number allocated to release (2 say). i.e

KeySend1=RWon

KeySend2=RWoff

I'm not going to repeat the rest of the documentation here, but you should really have read enough to see that Roger Wilco PTT is treated specially, in both WideFS and FSUIPC documentation.

I'm going in circles between the docs for FSUIPC and WideFS (thank god for dual monitors LOL), and have come up with:

1001 for PTT on

1002 for PTT off

1006 for keysend

These are the codes used in FSUIPC's INI file. Why do you want to know those? Please DO NOT BOTHER TRYING TO EDIT FSUIPC's INI file! I have gone to great lengths to make all that stuff as easy as possible in the Options screen. Just press ALT M F, find the Buttons page, and read the FSUIPC User Guide section on this (NOT the "Advanced" Users Guide, which is for Advanced users! :) ).

Please bear with me and throw me a hint.

Sorry. I do try my best with the documentation, which seems to work for most. I really do hope it is not really as complex as you make out -- you seem to have actually gone well out of your way to get so confused! I'm not sure how to improve it beyond explaining how to do things and giving examples as I do. Please read the easier stuff before the advanced stuff.

To summarise: use FSUIPC's Buttons page. Do NOT even look in the FSUIPC.INI or WideServer.INI files. There is no need. It is all quite simple if you don't want to do clever things.

Regards,

Pete

FSaviator

Have a look at the sticky thread re PTT and AVC.

I too was going around in circles, and once you understand what to do, it is blindingly simple! It took me forever!

Read through the thread.

essentially the setup for a two pc system conected via WIDEFS is

Step One

In FSUIPC go to the buttons tab.

Press the button you want to use on your joystick and it will be identified by FSUIPC.

Select FS control (Tickbox on the left)

Select Keysend (NOT PTT!) from the drop down command list and enter a 1 in the parameter box.

Select Keysend (NOT PTT) again in the control when button released box and a parameter 2.

DO NOTHING TO THE WIDESERVER INI FILE

Step Two.

In the wide client ini file enter the three lines as highlighted in italics.

[user]

Log=Errors+

ActionKeys=Yes

KeySend1=RWon

KeySend2=RWoff

Thats did it for me.

Steve