The simFlight Network Forums

Fspuic 3.135 and 3.04

Hello Pete , I am wandering if you can help me with a problem with my

joystick .

With FS2002 The controlablity is very erratic namely the throttle .It is very slow to respond and the power is off or on ( mid throttle ) it goes from 2000 rpm to idle,there is no halfway setting Also when you become airboorne ,again the controlability with ailerons and elevators is very erratic .

This problem is only with 2002 ,not with 2004 .

I have purchased the 3.135 for 2002 ,and I have have 3.04 with 2004 .

do you think that Fspuic has any bearing on it .

When I go into the technical tab the values are all changing appropiately .

Appreciate any thoughts you may have .

Regards ...Scoot 8)

With FS2002 The controlablity is very erratic namely the throttle .It is very slow to respond and the power is off or on ( mid throttle ) it goes from 2000 rpm to idle,there is no halfway setting Also when you become airboorne ,again the controlability with ailerons and elevators is very erratic .

Sounds like either you need to thoroughly calibrate them in Windows' Game Controllers, or there is some fault in them or the connection.

This problem is only with 2002 ,not with 2004 .

Oh, right. That's odd then, because both FS2002 and 2004 have the same joystick input routines. The main change was between FS2000 and 2002.

I have purchased the 3.135 for 2002 ,and I have have 3.04 with 2004 .

You only purchase version 3. All the updates 3.xxx are inlcuded, you don't need to pay for each one. And 3.04 isn't supported, it's too old. I only support the current versions. Why not use the latest on both? Check the History document for all the changes and improvments you are missing otherwise.

do you think that Fspuic has any bearing on it .

No, not unless you are using FSUIPC to calibrate, in which can you may be doing this better in one than the other. Just try copying your FSUIPC.INI from the good installation to the other. Make both of them 3.135 whilst you are at it.

When I go into the technical tab the values are all changing appropiately.

There are no values relating to joysticks in the Technical tab -- you mean the Joysticks tab? Simply press the "Reset" buttons on each axis entry, so they change to "Set", then FSUIPC won't be interfering at all in any of your joystick inputs.

Regards,

Pete