The simFlight Network Forums

make gauge blink?

Hi All,

Is there any way to make the gauges flash/blink using FSUIPC? For example, if you do the beginner's flight, the instructor will flash the altimeter on and off to show where it is to a novice. Is there an way to hide/show a gauge while the program is running somehow? (I notice that there is an option to not draw the gauges if a gauge failure occurs.)

If not, is there a way to get the current size and position of an undocked panel (or gauges) while running? (These may differ than the setup values in panel.cfg if the user resizes or moves them).

Any help will be much appreciated!!

-Sunfish

Is there any way to make the gauges flash/blink using FSUIPC? For example, if you do the beginner's flight, the instructor will flash the altimeter on and off to show where it is to a novice.

Really? I don't know how it is doing that. If each of the gauges were separate Windows, then I suppose you could simply find their handles and flip the visibility bit.

Is there an way to hide/show a gauge while the program is running somehow? (I notice that there is an option to not draw the gauges if a gauge failure occurs.)

With some functions you can set it Failed or Operational. Whether this merely stops them working or also covers them up, I don't know. Check the FSUIPC offsets 0B64 - 0B73 and 3BD6.

If not, is there a way to get the current size and position of an undocked panel (or gauges) while running? (These may differ than the setup values in panel.cfg if the user resizes or moves them).

Undocked panels and gauges will be individual Windows, so you should be able to get their Window handles (hwnd) using normal Windows API functions. They'll all probably be class "FS98CHILD" or something like that, so you'll need to check the titles to get the right ones. Try using the Spyxx program in the Windows compiler packages to check the Windows directly first, so you can figure out what to do.

Regards,

Pete

oops! i meant docked windows. i can currently only get the info if the windows are undocked (from windows).

what if they are docked?

thanks!!

You should still be able to get the ones that are windows. They will be child windows of FS98MAIN, so you need to look for that and go down a level. I don't know if al individual gauges are FS windows though.

Pete

• 2 months later...