The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with FSUIPC

I have downloaded the FSUIPC.DLL and loaded it into my Modules Directory and read the owners manuel>

PROBLEM: Whenever the Click Here to get in on the action screen comes up..So does a message and it reads..

**One of more you are using is not accredited for access to an unregistered copy of FSUIPC please see FSUIPC.Log for details

NOTE: I can still log on to the VATSIM Network but There is no real world weather and no one can see me.

QUESTION: Do i have to Register to activate the FSUIPC...If so where do I find the KEY ..I cant enter it anywhere..

Thanks in advance

Clint

PROBLEM: Whenever the Click Here to get in on the action screen comes up..So does a message and it reads..

**One of more you are using is not accredited for access to an unregistered copy of FSUIPC please see FSUIPC.Log for details

That means you haven't registered FSUIPC yourself, and you are using a program which doesn't provide an access key automatically. If you do as the message says and look in the FSUIPC LOG file (in the Modules folder) there will be entries there which tell you the name of the culprit program.

NOTE: I can still log on to the VATSIM Network but There is no real world weather and no one can see me.

Well, part of that may be due to the program you are using not being able to talk to FSUIPC, but I thought the visual image part was dealt with by the multiplayer protocol. Perhaps there's a mixture of things going on there. :?

QUESTION: Do i have to Register to activate the FSUIPC...If so where do I find the KEY ..I cant enter it anywhere..

I thought you said you had read the documentation? :wink: If you want to register FSUIPC in order to unlock all of its facilities you have to go to SimMarket and purchase the access key. All the details are there, within the first few pages of the User Guide.

If all you want to do is run some freeware programs, then take a look at the list of Freeware Keys for applications provided in a sticky message near the top of this forum.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks for the Help..I am kinda new to this

I looked for the FSUICP.LOG File and it doesnt seem to be there.

I guess the main question is If I put in a code that agrees with my

SQUAWKBOX 2.3 BETA for FS2002 and 2004 It should work..Right?

ALSO...Do you think the FS Module problem has to do with not being able to switch the COM1 Freq on my ERJ-145 Panel ?

Thanks Again

Clint Ferro

I looked for the FSUICP.LOG File and it doesnt seem to be there.

That's because it is called FSUIPC.LOG. If will be in the same folder as FSUIPC -- in other words, in your FS Modules folder. There will be 4 files there with FSUIPC as a name:

The DLL itself, which is the program

The INI file which vcontains all of its configuration settings

The KEY file which contains your key details, and also those of any registered programs

The LOG file, in which FSUIPC saves any details needed to answer problems.

I guess the main question is If I put in a code that agrees with my

SQUAWKBOX 2.3 BETA for FS2002 and 2004 It should work..Right?

I don't know about a Beta version of Squawkbox, but certainly there's a Freeware key in the list for Squawkbox 2.3. That should be all you need for FS2002. For SB2004 I think you also need something called SBRelay in order to convert the multiplayer protocols. But this is not my subject so I won't confuse things further.

ALSO...Do you think the FS Module problem has to do with not being able to switch the COM1 Freq on my ERJ-145 Panel ?

No. COM1 is supported directly by FS itself. It doesn't need any additional modules. I don't know if that panel uses FSUIPC for anything else. You'd need to check the LOG file.

Regards,

Pete