The simFlight Network Forums

possible problem with widefs

Peter,

We are using registered copies of FSUIP and WideFS.

Operating system is windows xp.

We have upgraded to FS2004.

On running progect magenta, after a few minutes , or sometimes a few seconds,

information from the map on the navigational display such as heading disapears and the attitude indicator loses some of its images. The log file from wideclient shows errors ( see below). Do you have any thoughts?

log is as follows:-

********* WideClient.DLL Log [version 6.101] Class=FS98MAIN *********

Date (dmy): 02/02/04, Time 13:13:35.795: Client name is CLIENT3

71 Attempting to connect now

81 Connection made okay!

8823 New Client Application: "PFD" (Id=1608)

110079 Error on client post-Connection Select() [Error=10053] Software caused connection abort

110089 Ready to try connection again

110119 Attempting to connect now

111070 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10061] Connection refused

111080 Ready to try connection again

111090 Attempting to connect now

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Regards,

Brian Thomas

The log file from wideclient shows errors ( see below). Do you have any thoughts?

110079 Error on client post-Connection Select() [Error=10053] Software caused connection abort

110089 Ready to try connection again

110119 Attempting to connect now

111070 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10061] Connection refused

Both of those errors are simply my program reporting what Windows tells it. That's absolutely all I know. Something is evidently wrong with the network, but I don't know what. If I had that happening I'd have to start on a long process of elimination, trying everything, including swapping/replacing LAN cards, cables, by-passing switches or hubs, and so on, till I found what was doing it. And re-installing drivers, Windows, removing possible interfering programs like ZoneAlarm or other firewalls, etc.

Sorry I can't be more specific. Just about all I know is written in the WideFS documentation -- in fact I don't know all of that, much is contributed by the experience of others.

With that in mind can you please keep us abreast of what you try and what the results are? Maybe we will all learn.

BTW maybe your WideServer LOG has something interesting in it too?

Are you using IPX/SPX or TCP/IP?

Katy Pluta, who can be contacted in the FS2004 forum here, knows a fair bit about Networks and may be able to help.

Regards,

Pete