The simFlight Network Forums

Assigning Prop Axis To Spoiler

Hi, I am impressed with my new copy of FSUIPC - still finding my way around it and have managed successfully to turn the mixture control into a reverser for my DC10. What I am having problems with is turning my Prop lever into a spoiler lever. I have got to the stage where the prop lever is recognised as a spoiler lever and I can push it forward to 100% spoiler, pulling it right back sometimes gets me 0% spoiler but often it just goes to 100% spoiler again. There is no incremental selection as I slowly advance the lever - it is eiter all or nothing. Can you help and point me in the right direction to get this working correctly please. I don't use the prop lever at all for anything else. I am using the USB version of CH Yoke.

What I am having problems with is turning my Prop lever into a spoiler lever.

Not sure FSUIPC is the best place to do this -- you can assign an axis to the spoiler in FS's own assignments.

I have got to the stage where the prop lever is recognised as a spoiler lever and I can push it forward to 100% spoiler, pulling it right back sometimes gets me 0% spoiler but often it just goes to 100% spoiler again. There is no incremental selection as I slowly advance the lever - it is eiter all or nothing. Can you help and point me in the right direction to get this working correctly please.

Are you testing all this on the ground, before takeoff? If so, don't. Get airborne. What happens is that when operating the spoiler lever you are passing through and setting the "ARM" facility. Arming the spoilers is supposed to be done in the air so that on touch-down you get them deploying to 100% automatically. Unfortunately, in FS2004 all the time, and also sometimes in FS2002, if you are already on the ground this action will occur immediately!

Get airborne and check them out there. If you like, calibrate them in FSUIPC whilst in the air.

Incidentally, the normal maximum spoiler setting used as speed brake would be something like 60-75% ("flight detente"). the 100% is there to spoil lift really thoroughly and is the "ground detente".

Regards,

Pete