The simFlight Network Forums

What Exactly Is It That Peter Dowson's Software Does???

Sorry for such a stupid question..... :roll:

But was watching Discovery Wings the other week and saw Peter and his software mentioned. Can anyone tell me what it does and what hardware I require. I am tempted to purchase MS FS2004.

At present I fly DID's Total Air War with a Saitek X45 FCS

Many thanks for your help

Mark Gorman

But was watching Discovery Wings the other week and saw Peter and his software mentioned. Can anyone tell me what it does and what hardware I require.

Mostly that program was concerned with the ISA EPIC driver and EPICINFO program I made many years ago, which allowed large cockpits to be built around Microsoft Flight Simulator with real switches, displays and controls. Although I'd more or less stopped developing that stuff by then (the film was made in September 2002), that's really the only reason the Director came to see me.

The current main software I do for Flight Sim is FSUIPC and WideFS, the former allows ancillary application programs to interface to FS, and the latter extends that same interface to other PCs on a Network.

All my FS software is available for download from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson, and you can download any of it and read the documentation inside for more information.

But if you are interested in the sorts of cockpits you saw on the program go pay a visit to http://www.projectmagenta.com and browse there. Look at some of the PM user's cockpit photographs. Most of the systems shown on the Discovery program were using PM, but it wasn't credited even once.

Regards,

Pete