The simFlight Network Forums

Frame rate improvement with FSUIPC 3.20

Dear Pete,

after installing the new 3.20 version of FSUIPC I noticed an improvement of frame rate. In my default scenery, composed by FS2004 + Ultimate Traffic 2004 + PMDG 737 + UK 2000 Heathrow Pro (PMDG 737 parked at Gate 206 in Heathrow Pro airport, I got at least a 20% increase of frame rate. The only change was FSUIPC from 3.14 to 3.20.

Many many thanks

Andrea

I got at least a 20% increase of frame rate. The only change was FSUIPC from 3.14 to 3.20.

Hmmm. That's a little worrying for me as I've done nothing specific which would account for that. I wonder what is going on. If your FSUIPC is not user-registered it may possibly be explained by the better method of identifying the modules and gauges calling FSUIPC's interface, but it doesn't seem likely that you aren't user registeredand none of that code is active for fully registered copies.

I am glad you are pleased but I remain puzzled. :?

Regards,

Pete

Hmmm... I think that you are right. As I recently reinstalled fro scratch FS 2004 and all addons, only this morning, after installing the new FSUIPC 3.20 version, I realized that I forgot to put registration data. So the change of FSUIPC version, from 3.14 to 3.20, corresponded with its registration too. The frame rate increase is clearly detectable.

Best regards

Andrea