The simFlight Network Forums

Clarification on FSUIP 3.20

Thanks for this new release Pete. FS has never been the same after you added your modules.

In your most recent release, you mention that GoFlight hardware can be programmed with FSUIP. What exactly do you mean? I am not sure to understand what else can now be done that could not before with GoFlight.

I do have the flight console with, in particular, the GoFlight autopilot module which cannot be used with most add-ons such as PMDG or PSS products. Does your new FSUIP allow those planes to be compatible with the GoFlight MCP? If so, that would be extraordinary.

Thank you to clarify and best wishes.

In your most recent release, you mention that GoFlight hardware can be programmed with FSUIP. What exactly do you mean? I am not sure to understand what else can now be done that could not before with GoFlight.

Only that FSUIPC will recognise GoFlight buttons and dials, so you can assign to those any of the keypresses or controls listed in FSUIPC's keys or buttons pages. Please read the User Guide on this, I did try to explain. It is probably of more interest to users of Project Magenta and other non-FS cockpits.

I do have the flight console with, in particular, the GoFlight autopilot module which cannot be used with most add-ons such as PMDG or PSS products. Does your new FSUIPC allow those planes to be compatible with the GoFlight MCP?

Only if those products accept keystrokes or can be controlled through documented FSUIPC offsets (PM is one of the latter -- althogh it accepts keystrokes too).

Note, however, that FSUIPC does not drive GoFlight displays or indicators. I'm not sure what to do about those yet. Maybe another add-on later.

Regards,

Pete