The simFlight Network Forums

ethernet interface

Hi Pete,

Hi I am new here and sorry for my poor english.

We are in the proces of developing a ethernet microprocessor board with i2c bus for reading and write to external devices. We wanna omit an extra PC (if it runs MS it must fail, beside MSFS). We are mostly intrested in two things...

1.) does your module broadcast itself on the LAN (TCP/IP), and how ?

2.) anyone else doing the same thing (electronics like) ?

Bob Visser

Tim Kortekaas

AASHQ

The Netherlands.

1.) does your module broadcast itself on the LAN (TCP/IP), and how ?

If by "my module" you mean FSUIPC, then, no. It is passive, not active. Other things interface to it, it doesn't interface to anything but FS itself. You'd need to write an interface program. see the FSUIPC SDK, available from www.schiratti.com\dowson.

The only module I've written that does anything on a LAN is WideServer, which talks to WideClient using TCP/IP or IPX/SPX. But it isn't broadcasting. It uses sequential addressed protocol only -- IP or SPX. And the data is specific between those modules, both part of WideFS.

2.) anyone else doing the same thing (electronics like) ?

I don't know. Sorry. Maybe some other readers will know.

Regards,

Pete

Dear Aashq,

You will have to write your own MS code to emit FSUIPC values through the ethernet interface of your PC.

If you're doing a microcontroller (uC) design, seriously consider using the serial port. It is well supported in Windows, and you don't have to worry about / debug the TCP/IP stack on your uC.

BTW There's a cockpit builders forum in the simFlight forum index. Consider continuing this thread over there.