The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC.ini Question

I realize that Pete is on Holiday, but someone may can advise me here. I have a registered upgrade to the new FSUIPC v3.201. I note in the Users Guide that it mentions the FSUIPC.INI file. I cannot find a FSUIPC.ini in any folder. My FSUIPC appears to be working like it always has. What is the significance of my not having a FSUIPC.INI file? :(

FSUIPC.INI should be in the same folder as FSUIPC.DLL - usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\Modules

Do you see files there just called FSUIPC with no extension? If so you just have "Hide extensions for known file types" selected in Windows "Folder Options", and one of those is FSUIPC.INI

If you didn't have one, then FSUIPC would start with the "out of the box" defaults, and it would write a FSUIPC.INI file with those defaults in it.

If you look in the zip you downloaded, there's no INI file, because the first time FSUIPC runs it writes from scratch.

Richard