The simFlight Network Forums

Someone tried Wideview and WideFS via IPX/SPX ??

Hello to all,

I tried to use Wideview and WideFS together via IPX/SPX to seperate it from the normal internet (otherwise my wife is killing me, everytime I´m flying she can´t use the internet or only very slow), by using 2 network adapters.

Wideview works fine, but Widefs gets now connection ? I tried it on the same computer where normally wideview is working (but this was OFF of course FS2004 not started). I used socket 8002. What other value is possible.

Thanks for help

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in replying -- I've been on holiday with no Internet access. I'm just trying to catch up with an enormous backlog now!

Wideview works fine, but Widefs gets now connection ? I tried it on the same computer where normally wideview is working (but this was OFF of course FS2004 not started). I used socket 8002. What other value is possible.

Socket numbers don't matter providing they don't clash. The defaults shouldn't clash in any case.

More important is your operating system and WideFS settings. You have to change both WideClient and WideServer INI files to tell it to use SPX, and you will probably need to provide the Server Node information. This is explained in the WideFS document.

I've never had much success with mixing WinNT/2K/XP systems with Win95/98/Me systems when using IPX/SPX, though if WidevieW is happy that shouldn't be the problem.

Regards,

Pete