The simFlight Network Forums

ADVdisplay and Project Magenta

I have been using Project Magenta's regional jet glass cockpit for some time and love it.

Ive set up three computers, one with FS2004, and the other two to run Nav and engine displays, all linked with registered WideFS and FSUIPIC installed.

I also use Radar Contact and AdvDisplay on the computer running the engine displays of PM.

There's supposed to be a way to have the Radar Contact text display in the text box of the Project Magenta engine display.

Does anyone do this (or have any idea what I'm talking about)???

Thanks for your help.

John White

Newburgh, IN

There's supposed to be a way to have the Radar Contact text display in the text box of the Project Magenta engine display.

Does anyone do this (or have any idea what I'm talking about)???

There's a PM parameter (and a key press I think) to enable that, but I don't think it is really very suitable for Radar Contact's current multi-line menus. It originally only allowed for one line (long, for sure), I think Enrico extended it for two lines, but even so it doesn't really suit RC.

I use Showtext to superimpose an unbordered black window over one of the Standby instruments which otherwise I have on the EICAS1 screen. You can size it and configure it to fit in other places I suspect, and still retain the RC menu structure in the display.

Regards,

Pete

someone posted on the rc forum that they docked the advdisp display to a pop up panel. (i'm paraphrasing). so when they want to see the advdisp display, the activate that panel, and deactivate it when they were done.

jd

someone posted on the rc forum that they docked the advdisp display to a pop up panel. (i'm paraphrasing). so when they want to see the advdisp display, the activate that panel, and deactivate it when they were done.

FSUIPC also offers a hot key option specifically to operate the AdvDisplay window visibility.

Pete