The simFlight Network Forums

Loosing GoFlight MPC "high speed" rotary buttons m

Hi,

I made this statement a few weeks ago. Adding GD-TQ6 modules had the following effect on my GoFlight components mappings :

--> the code of the GP-RF48 rotary buttons has changed (for instance, going from 174/10 to 174/11). No big deal, it is easy to modify

--> More annoying, I lost the capability to have two codes for the rotary buttons of the MCP (slow/fast). It makes the MPC of the 737NG impossible to use because it is too slow.

When I remove the TQ6, everything is fine.

Did anyone experience this ?

Thanks

Olivier

I made this statement a few weeks ago. Adding GD-TQ6 modules had the following effect on my GoFlight components mappings :

--> the code of the GP-RF48 rotary buttons has changed (for instance, going from 174/10 to 174/11). No big deal, it is easy to modify

That sounds like it is always identifying the turns as "fast". the button numbers won't change any other way -- the same 4 numbers are fixed for each unit.

--> More annoying, I lost the capability to have two codes for the rotary buttons of the MCP (slow/fast). It makes the MPC of the 737NG impossible to use because it is too slow.

When I remove the TQ6, everything is fine.

Sounds like the TQ6 support is overloading the callback. Can you write to Doyle Nickless about this please? I can't really do much here yet -- Doyle has promised to send me a TQ6 but there's no sign of it yet, so I cannot really see what is happening. FSUIPC is rather dependent upon Doyle's DLL to feed it event information, and the TQ6 is probably sending my code too many messages (most of which I don't handle in any case, since I don't deal with the analogue axes at present).

Regards,

Pete

Hi again,

I've been thinking about what might be happening, expecially if the axes has some jitter and keep sending different values. Do you think this could be the case? Do you still get the problems with the rotaries if all the axes are "parked" at full off or full on?

If I can understand what is happening, maybe I can work out some way of either fixing it or at least logging some data to work it out. If I make a test version of FSUIPC with some changes, can you test them for me? Maybe you can contact me by email -- petedowson@btconnect.com -- I can't send attachments here, they are too big.

Are you using WideFS by the way?

Regards,

Pete

Hi yet again,

I have now asked Doyle about the TQ6 and he says that jitter can sometimes be a problem -- he is working on improvments to the firmware for this. Meanwhile, he says that it is often worse when the TQ6 is connect via a USB hub. See if you can connect that unit direct to a port on the PC. It may help.

Meanwhile I am going to assume that this is the cause of the problem with the FSUIPC slow/fast detection and work out some changes for you to test for me, if that's okay?

Regards,

Pete

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for the answers.

I tried the TQ6 on a different USB port but it did not change anything.

I will try some stuff on my side and let you know if anything happens ("park" the axes).

You can, off course, send me some files for me to try. You might use my work email:

olivier.noir@lyrco.com

I do not use wideFS and this happens on the fresh copy of FS9 I just re-installed.

Thanks

Olivier

You can, off course, send me some files for me to try. You might use my work email:

olivier.noir@lyrco.com

I sent you a test version on Saturday and have been waiting anxiously for feedback, as it may also affect WideFS. After three full days I got this back:

This report relates to your message:

Subject: FSUIPC test Version 3.203,

Message-ID: <000201c40ea5$59d9dfa0$df00a8c0@newleft>,

To:

of Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:01:33 +0000

Your message was not delivered to:

olivier.noir@lyrco.com

for the following reason:

Diagnostic was Unable to transfer, Message timed out

Information Message timed out

This presumably explains why I've not heard from you! :(

Can you please let me have an email address which works? Maybe I can send it to you using the email address you use to come here? Would that be okay?

Regards,

Pete