The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and Simkits

Hi Pete,

Since the release of version 3.2 the altimeter gauge in my Simkits panel is much, much smoother than with previous versions, and I note you have increased the update rate for this offset to the FPS of the sim.

Would it be possible to increase the update of the VSI and RPM as well? These are now the only two gauges that stutter, the VSI particularly when beginning a climb or descent and the RPM at low revs.

Thanks again for one of the best FS add-ons!

Here's a pic of my sim:

image2_800.jpg

The system is still running FS2002 with five WidevieW clients and a P4 3GHz server running the flying PC and the panel, GPSOut to an iPaq running Memory-Map Navigator with CAA digitised charts, and FSUIPC 3.202. Avionics are currently GoFlight modules that will be upgraded to the Simkits radio stack when I can afford it! Scenery is the complete set of VFGM VFR Photographic Scenery with the Genesis mesh and the complete set of UK2000 sceneries. The aircraft is the RealAir C172 for FS2004 modified for FS2002.

All the best,

Rory

http://www.shetland.flyer.co.uk

Since the release of version 3.2 the altimeter gauge in my Simkits panel is much, much smoother than with previous versions, and I note you have increased the update rate for this offset to the FPS of the sim.

That's only because they were using the FSUIPC-computed value, not the standard one than most things use. For performance reasons I didn't want really to do this on every frame, but as PC speeds have increased it is less noticeable.

Would it be possible to increase the update of the VSI and RPM as well? These are now the only two gauges that stutter, the VSI particularly when beginning a climb or descent and the RPM at low revs.

I don't think I've got any VSI and RPM values which are computed by FSUIPC. The mapped ones should update once per frame, same as the Altimeter readng. I can't do better than that. What actual offsets are they reading for these?

BTW I have an Aerosoft GA-28 panel which looks somewhat similar to yours and I must admit that I don't notice any stutter with any of the instruments. Their altimeter in that setup uses the original method, so wasn't affected by the FS computation change -- since FS98 days the original method was to read the actual altitude, the QNH and the Kollsman setting, and compute the value to be displayed.

Regards,

Pete