The simFlight Network Forums

WideClient Error - No route to host dialog

Hi there,

I'm trying to get a FS2004 system with PM software, FSUIPC and WideFS running och three computers to run smoothly. Currently there is a (big) startup problem - the client machines seems to often startup faster than the server and the WideClients shows the dialog message "No route to host". To get the system running, I have to press "Ok" in those dialogs.

Is there any way to get past this, let the WideClients continue trying to connect?

While I'm at it - whats the recommended system running FS2004 (with WideFS and FSUIPC) and PM Boeing MCP software? There seem to be serious delays HW->PM SW. The server used to run EpicMapper as well, but I moved the hardware to a client system to see if that would solve the problem. I also took EpicMapper out in favor of FS Communicator which has alot better support. Neither action solved the delay problem and I'm now into a system upgrade (CPU and memory) on the server...

Thanks in advance,

Tomas

[/b]

I'm trying to get a FS2004 system with PM software, FSUIPC and WideFS running och three computers to run smoothly. Currently there is a (big) startup problem - the client machines seems to often startup faster than the server and the WideClients shows the dialog message "No route to host". To get the system running, I have to press "Ok" in those dialogs.

The host (server) must actually be on the network before WideClient can even initialise correctly.

Is there any way to get past this, let the WideClients continue trying to connect?

It's really a fatal error, best to just switch on the Server first.

While I'm at it - whats the recommended system running FS2004 (with WideFS and FSUIPC) and PM Boeing MCP software?

None in particular that I know of. It's a matter of experimentation with PM components. A post in the PM Newsgroup may elicit some suggestions.

Regards,

Pete