The simFlight Network Forums

Can't boot after uninstalling FSUPIC and AutoSave

I appologize for being too quick on the download button, however having just purchased a new computer I loaded up FS2K and wanted the auto save function without realizing they became payware.

My problem is that after removing the dll files from the Modules folder I can not boot up from the desk top icon. I have to use the FS2K original disk 1 to get into FS2K. When booting from the desktop icon I get a message that says a 3rd party software called traffic.DLL has been installed. When I try to by-pass by clicking "No", it simply will not load FS.

I've tried to delete these files in FS2002 and in Windows system32 folder with no success even after reinstalling FS2K

Any suggestions?

Thank You for your time I know you'er busy.

Omni777

I appologize for being too quick on the download button, however having just purchased a new computer I loaded up FS2K and wanted the auto save function without realizing they became payware.

My AutoSave DLL is not payware, it is free. Why do you think otherwise?In fact most of my modules are still free. Even FSUIPC is free for freeware programs and costs nothing extra for many accredited commercial programs. And it certainly does no harm installed whether you pay for the extras in it or not.

My problem is that after removing the dll files from the Modules folder I can not boot up from the desk top icon. I have to use the FS2K original disk 1 to get into FS2K. When booting from the desktop icon I get a message that says a 3rd party software called traffic.DLL has been installed. When I try to by-pass by clicking "No", it simply will not load FS.

Sounds like you have removed some essential parts of FS, not just FSUIPC.DLL and AUTOSAVE.DLL.

The module called "traffic.dll" is part of FS2002's built-in AI traffic software.

I've tried to delete these files in FS2002 and in Windows system32 folder with no success even after reinstalling FS2K

There are no parts of FS nor any of my software that get installed in Windows folders. You are mixing up some wrong DLLs and probably making a bit of a mess.

Any suggestions?

Sounds like you need to first uninstall FS properly then reinstall from scratch. You've probably made a mess of it. And if you've been deleting things in Windows\system32 you may even need to reinstall Windows as well.

None of my modules are hard to install or remove. They are simply either in the FS modules folder, in which case they will load and work, or they are not, in which case they won't load and FS will run happily without. There's nothing simpler.

Regards,

Pete