The simFlight Network Forums

Urgent Help Needed

Hi there everyone,

I have the FSUIPC_SDK on my computer. Not being a programmer, I have a problem trying to get what I need from it.

The problem I have is this:

I'm using the FSUIPC_SDK with FS2002 using Visual Basic. I managed to get to the stage of changing the offset in the program code to give me some variabals as an output. The example that was given with the kit is called Hello. It gives me the clock of the simulator. Changing the offset in the code gives me some other variables nicely such as the seasons, the takeoff landing flag and the pause indicator.

When I use the offset I need to give me either the bank angel or the pitch angel or the heading, it keeps giving me strange numbers which keep fluctuating incredably like from 024 to 245 back to 007 and so on and it just doesn't make sense at all for me. I don't even alter the attitude of the plane and these numbers are going crazy?

What did I do wrong? why other offsets which apparently don't need any calcuations work but the ones like bank, pitch and heading don't? and how can I get it to read the pitch or bank correctly?

Would anyone please help me with that? Thanks for your help.

When I use the offset I need to give me either the bank angel or the pitch angel or the heading, it keeps giving me strange numbers which keep fluctuating incredably like from 024 to 245 back to 007 and so on and it just doesn't make sense at all for me. I don't even alter the attitude of the plane and these numbers are going crazy?

You'll need to be more specific. State which offsets you are reading, the length you are using (number of bytes) and what sort of variable you are reading them into.

Use FSInterrogate so you can see how these things really behave. FSInterrogate is the main learning and checking tool. Always check what you are reading with what FSInterrogate is showing for the same values. It will help you understand it all better.

The most likely things you are doing wrong are:

1. Reading only part of the total value, eg 1 byte for a 4 byte value.

2. Reading into the wrong data type and so seeing the wrong format.

3. Reading a smaller value into a larger data type (e.g. 1 byte into an Integer) without setting the Integer to zero beforehand to ensure the uninitialised parts aren't misleading you.

Please check using FSInterrogate, and also use the FSUIPC IPC read logging so you can see exactly what your program is reading.

Regards,

Pete

AL-HASHIME

Well, I can tell you based on my experience. I used to be in your shose past few months ago. My advice to you is.

First, understand the VB itself: How to write codes, use properties, and etc

Understand the calculations: trigonometry, dividend, multiply and etc

Once you understand the concepts of VB,Then you can play around with with FSUIPC variable and hello world example given codes.

Good luck