The simFlight Network Forums

Control FS from another computer

Hello,

maybe someone has already asked the question, but l didn't find the topic! So, l tell you my problem.

I work on a real flight simulator for Boeing, and l need to use the landscapes generator of FS 2004. I've already a simulator running on a powerfull station and dialing with the controls of the cockpit.

So, l'd like to know if it's possible to control a plane in FS, by sending datas (position, rotation, etc...) from another computer. (with an ethernet link)

And, if it's possible, l would need to receive datas from FS for my own simulator.

I hope to be clear.

Thanks a lot!

Fred

So, l'd like to know if it's possible to control a plane in FS, by sending datas (position, rotation, etc...) from another computer. (with an ethernet link)

Yes, it is. It's been done for other things, like obtaining scenery visuals for the PS1 747 Simulator which is otherwise main an excellent cockpit systems simulator).

You can either do it using FS's own multiplayer protocol (get the Microsoft MP SDK), or through FSUIPC. For the latter you need the FSUIPC SDK, from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson. The EtherNet link is how you drive the Multiplayer stuff in any case -- with FSUIPC you could use WideFS or do your own thing for that, depending on what is at the other end.

Regards,

Pete