The simFlight Network Forums

Question for Pete or VB users

Question:

1) I am currently working on APU, trying to implement codes on VB6. And from the offset tables, I seem cannot find anything related with APU. Unless I am missing something? didn't I. From what I can guess, FS2004 has not included APU situation in that program, which would have any offset values for APU, correct?

2) I know you probablly don't have much experience in VB6... Maybe you can tell me from what you know. According to my application, with FSUIPC_READ, FSUIPC_WRITE or FSUIPC_Process, it has to be written under timer properties to get it working via FS. Now I suppose if I want to include interval time... for example....

Public Sub InitAPU_timer ()

.interval = 100

would that create conflicts and not get that working properly?

or say should I write beforehand of timer properties?

.interval = 100

Public Sub InitAPU_timer ()

Thanks in advance

I am currently working on APU, trying to implement codes on VB6. And from the offset tables, I seem cannot find anything related with APU. Unless I am missing something? didn't I. From what I can guess, FS2004 has not included APU situation in that program, which would have any offset values for APU, correct?

Correct that no version of FS yet made implements an APU. There are some third party aircraft with APU systems simulation built in, but nothing FSUIPC knows about.

According to my application, with FSUIPC_READ, FSUIPC_WRITE or FSUIPC_Process, it has to be written under timer properties to get it working via FS.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Your process loop would be something like:

* Assemble FSUIPC_Writes for results obtained from last cycle (if any)

* Assemble FSUIPC_Reads for data needed.

* Do the FSUIPC_Process to interact with FSUIPC

* Sleep a little, or exit to windows, or whatever

The last part is merely to allow other programs (eg FS) to get on and do things. However, as you may be saying, the first three parts may be instigated by a Timer call (eg from SetTimer Windows API). In this case you simply perform the steps then exit to windows, all as part of the Timer message or procedure call processing. No need for a "sleep".

The time interval should match the sort of "frame rate" or update cycle you need.

I'm afraid I do not understand the rest of your question.

Regards,

Pete

Correct that no version of FS yet made implements an APU
Well, That wont be a problem, I think I can arrange few offset values to create APU program.
The last part is merely to allow other programs (eg FS) to get on and do things. However, as you may be saying, the first three parts may be instigated by a Timer call (eg from SetTimer Windows API). In this case you simply perform the steps then exit to windows, all as part of the Timer message or procedure call processing. No need for a "sleep".

The time interval should match the sort of "frame rate" or update cycle you need.

I think that is the answers I was looking for. Let me clear you up on this.The purpose of my asking is to see if intervial time would have produced any confilts with any offset that has already written in timer properties.

The reason of using interval timer is to delay the respond of keypress. (That tend to come in most jetliners' APU). But I just realize like you said, there is no APU implement in FS. So I would just have to create synthetic keypress with interval timer which would be written on other end (eg) form_load instead on timer properties.

Thanks for your help