The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG and GoFlight Rotaries (was "Please Pete Help"

Hi

Can you please help me I try all day configured PMDG and Go flight MCP with your FSUIPC but it's impossible to make work. The Knobs works but when I start turning knobs they stop for 3-4 sec. and after start working again, the buttons works but after 2-3min start changing, like when I setup MCP Knob for Increase Heading Ctrl+Shft+H and button for Press HDGSEL Ctrl+H after 2-3min Ctrl+H change for Ctrl+Shft+H and start Increasing Heading or when I try singh in FSUIPC Ctrl+H singh it's Ctrl+Tab+H. Also I can't tick "KEY PRESS NOT TO BE HOLT" when I tick "KEY PRESS NOT TO BE HOLT" and click OK and go back "KEY PRESS NOT TO BE HOLT" it's untick again.

Please can you help. Sorry for my English.

I using last FSUIPC 3.2.1.0.

David

Can you please help me I try all day configured PMDG and Go flight MCP with your FSUIPC but it's impossible to make work. The Knobs works but when I start turning knobs they stop for 3-4 sec. and after start working again, the buttons works but after 2-3min start changing ...

Sounds like you are filling up the Keyboard buffer faster than it can be emptied. I don't know what processor you are using, but perhaps it is a bit slow for something like the PMDG panels?

This is likely to be a big problem with all panels which only provide keybaord shortcuts for value changes. The best method for values is the one I use for FS default autopilot and Project Magenta -- actualy changing the value directly. There's no problems with speed them. Maybe when the PMDG SDK comes out this will be possible with their panels, but I think you may have to program it yourself.

Also I can't tick "KEY PRESS NOT TO BE HOLT" when I tick "KEY PRESS NOT TO BE HOLT" and click OK and go back "KEY PRESS NOT TO BE HOLT" it's untick again.

I using last FSUIPC 3.2.1.0.

Er .. that doesn't sound at all correct. The key press hold/pulse option problem was BEFORE version 3.21. It is specifically fixed in this new release. What you describe is exactly what can happen in previous versions. It sounds like you haven't actually updated the DLL. Version 3.21 was only made available a couple of hours ago, so you could not have been "trying all day", as you say, with that versin.

Regards,

Pete

I trying all day's (2) with version you sent my by e-mail FSUIPC 3204test

and after I so your new version I download and try, but nothing Change.

I don't think my processor it's slow.: P4 3.00Ghz @ 3.39Ghz, Video FX 5900Ultra, RAM 1G 466Mhz, but it's exactly the problem how you say "Sounds like you are filling up the Keyboard buffer faster than it can be emptied" because when I turn some Knobs I can't used my keyboard for some key command's for few second. But when I using default Aircraft Go flight works just fine.

Pete please help I spent to much money for Go flight console and I love PMDG help please.

Thank you for your fast response David

David,

This is a long shot, but have you looked at the PMDG key assignments and used their increase and decrease fast keystrokes to help ease the number of key strokes being sent to the computer? I have the exact same set up, PMDG and a bunch of Go-flight equipment including the MCP and have had no problems. I did some BEFORE the update Pete sent me.

Another thing that you might want to check, is that you do not have key strokes assigned in FSUIPC that another program is using (FS9) ect. That can cause conflicts too. I had to make up a chart to identify all things using keystrokes just so that I would not create this problem.

I hope I have been of some help, and I'm sorry if I havent been. I know the frustration.

Best Regards,

James

Firs thank you for try to help James the frustration it's horrible and I try everything but, 1st PMDG don't have any keystrokes assign increase and decrease fast, it's dear but don't have any Key combination. My main problem it's like say Pete "Sounds like you are filling up the Keyboard buffer faster than it can be emptied" and I don't know how fix this.

I just know my PC it's fast enough. Can you please James send me e-mail with screen shot's with FSUIPC how you have configured your Go flight MCP just some exp. Knob and some Button.

Thank you David

My e-mail: lezec17@hotmail.com

I reinstall all windows I install all my staff and FS9 with PMDG + Go flight modules and I have the same problem. The problem it's, when I start turning Knobs on MCP or pressing Buttons the CTRL+SHIFT don't release it's like press all time and what happen, when I exit FS9 and open WEB and click on text with mouse still was CTRL+SHIFT press (text was colored like CTRL+SHIFT+mouse click) so FSUIPC affect my comp. after exit FS9. Pete do you know why??????

(Installation it's just copy FSUIPC.DLL and paste to FS9/Module right)?

David

David,

Okay Let me see what I can do for screen shots. My big question now is, what version of PMDG are you running? I know this may seem off the mark, but if I understand correctly, you are saying that PMDG doesnt have any keystroke assignment option for you?

I have been running PMDG SU1.3. In FS9, in the menu bar, I can pull down the PMDG tab and set the desired keystrokes there. After assigning the keystrokes I want for my plane, I go into the FUSIPC page and then assign those same keystrokes to the desired buttons and dial on my Go-Flight MCP. Forgive me if I'm going over stuff that you have already done. Just trying to make sure all bases have been covered.

Oh, one last question, would a copy of my keystoke assignment sheet help you?

I will keep looking here all day to look for your future posts.

Best Regards,

James

No I saying just the fast turning knobs don't have Key combination but now I make my own key combination so this it's no problem ( do you have Fast turning knobs on ready Key combination in? I running SU 1.3.

Are you using in FSUIPC just page Buttons for all assignment's (Knobs and Buttons) like me? If you can send me some screen shots FSUIPC page what you using for assignment's 1 for Knobs and 1 for Buttons I by so happy. I must doing something wrong but I dot know what.

Thank you James

David

I trying all day's (2) with version you sent my by e-mail FSUIPC 3204test and after I so your new version I download and try, but nothing Change

Surely the problem with the Hold/Pulse setting getting mixed up or lost is fixed in 3.21? That was specifically attended to and quite thoroughly tested. If it is still giving you problems I will need exact details of how to reproduce these (by email with Zipped attachments is best), please.

I don't think my processor it's slow.: P4 3.00Ghz @ 3.39Ghz, Video FX 5900Ultra, RAM 1G 466Mhz, but it's exactly the problem how you say "Sounds like you are filling up the Keyboard buffer faster than it can be emptied" because when I turn some Knobs I can't used my keyboard for some key command's for few second. But when I using default Aircraft Go flight works just fine.

I agree that the processor shouldn't be too slow. I'm sorry, but all FSUIPC can do is to send the keystrokes you program it to do. There is nothing else it can do. It sounds like the PMDG panel coding is very slow in processing them.

What would be needed is some accelerated increment/decrement shortcuts for these values, similar to those I've just added for the default A/P. Then you would not need to turn it so much. Do PMDG not list any such?

Pete please help I spent to much money for Go flight console and I love PMDG help please.

What else can I possibly do? Have you asked PMDG to help, or maybe GoFlight? All I can do is let you program the GoFlight knobs to send whatever keystrokes or controls you want them to. FSUIPC does that. After that it is up to the receiving software. I am not going to re-write PMDG's cockpits for them, sorry. :?

PMDG have promised an SDK, but, from what I've heard, it doesn't look too hopeful that this will allow me to provide new special controls for their panels as I do for Project Magenta. This is because it will not be free and it sounds like each user will need a license. I don't know how this is going to work out for most ordinary users, but probably the best, and maybe the most likely solution for Goflight, is that Doyle Nickless (CEO of GF) purchases the license and provides a new driver for his units.

Regards,

Pete

YES YES YES YES YES WORKS WORKS WORKS.

I AM SO HAPPY PETE YOU WAS RIGHT MY COMP. WAS SLOW, REASON: ALL MY USB FROM YOKE AND PEDALS WITH GO FLIGHT MODULES WAS IN SAME CHANEL USB IN MY MOTHERBOARD AND THIS SLOW TERRIBLE MY COMP SO I BOUGHT ONE PCI/USB CARD AND PLUG ALL GO FLIGHT MODULES TO PCI/USB AND YOKE AND PEDALS TO MOTHERBOARD USB CHANEL AND MY SPEED ITS NOW STABLE AND WORKS PERFECT.

THANK YOU PETE AND JAMES FOR HELP

EXCELLENT SOFTWARE PETE.

AFTER 72 HOURS FRUSTRATION, IT'S GONE AND I AM SO HAPPY.

DAVID

YES YES YES YES YES WORKS WORKS WORKS.

I AM SO HAPPY PETE YOU WAS RIGHT MY COMP. WAS SLOW, REASON: ALL MY USB FROM YOKE AND PEDALS WITH GO FLIGHT MODULES WAS IN SAME CHANEL USB IN MY MOTHERBOARD AND THIS SLOW TERRIBLE MY COMP SO I BOUGHT ONE PCI/USB CARD AND PLUG ALL GO FLIGHT MODULES TO PCI/USB AND YOKE AND PEDALS TO MOTHERBOARD USB CHANEL AND MY SPEED ITS NOW STABLE AND WORKS PERFECT.

THANK YOU PETE AND JAMES FOR HELP

EXCELLENT SOFTWARE PETE.

AFTER 72 HOURS FRUSTRATION, IT'S GONE AND I AM SO HAPPY.

DAVID

Hi David,

I don't know if it's possible for you, but i have some goflight modules like,

GF-LGT, GF-T8 ( 2 ) GF-MCP, GFP8 ( 2 ) GF166, GF-46 and GF-TQ6

could you explain me how can i use my MCP and the KNOB switch with the 737 PMDG all series

i don't know how can i program in FSUIPC.DLL

if you need my email tell me in this forum,

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english my first language is french,

Pierre

Hoi Pierre,go to the GoFlight Homepage and then go to the forum,in the tech hangar you will see an example for how to config your MCP for the MPDG .In this case the HDG hold button function fot the MCP.

regards ,Edward.

Hi Edward,

i send you my email ( pturbis@videotron.ca )

could you send me your email because i send you a picture then i see and probably it's possible for you to help me after you see the picture,

Thanks,

Pierre