The simFlight Network Forums

I used to have sound, now I don't... ??

Hello All...

I used to have all the FPDA Callouts available within my FS9, and shortly after installing FSUIPC I now cannot hear any of the "ambiance" sounds within FS9, including Marcus Thompson's Sound FX Panel. I am fairly well versed with MSFS add-ons (all .wav files are in place) and even have a registered version of FSUIPC... I'm stumped here. I've been without the sounds for several months, but am now finding some extra time with FS9 for recreational use and would like to have them working again.

Could anyone offer some assistance with this?

With Kind Regards,

Kevin Sparkuhl

I used to have all the FPDA Callouts available within my FS9, and shortly after installing FSUIPC I now cannot hear any of the "ambiance" sounds within FS9, including Marcus Thompson's Sound FX Panel. I am fairly well versed with MSFS add-ons (all .wav files are in place) and even have a registered version of FSUIPC... I'm stumped here. I've been without the sounds for several months, but am now finding some extra time with FS9 for recreational use and would like to have them working again.

There's really not going to be any connection at all between installing FSUIPC and losing sound. There's no relationship there at all. I don't know what's happened to your FS installation, but it seems another one of those processes of elimination are needed if you want to avoid a complete re-install.

Regards,

Pete