The simFlight Network Forums

Wing De-Ice Offset ?

Hi Again Pete !!

I have reviewed the docs (yet again) and am wondering if there is a Specific wing de-ice offset. I found Pitot and engine ice but wondering if you have ran across wing ??

Thanks !!

Brian

... wondering if there is a Specific wing de-ice offset. I found Pitot and engine ice but wondering if you have ran across wing ??

There are separate Engine Anti-Ice switches already available. Looking at the Panels SDK it looks like both FS2002 and FS2004 also have provision for:

PROP_DEICE_SWITCH

STRUCTURAL_DEICE_SWITCH

but I don't know if they actually do anything. I could "expose" these through FS offsets in the next release if they may be useful.

There are controls to operate these too -- check the list in my FS2002 and FS2004 controls document. Look for

TOGGLE_STRUCTURAL_DEICE

TOGGLE_PROPELLER_DEICE

so you can already program these through FSUIPC as it stands, though you cannot read the current setting.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

I cant find it... I searched the FSUIPC for Programmers document for TOGGLE_STRUCTURAL_DEICE and got no hits (document date 1/14/2004). Am I looking in the wrong document ? Sorry to be a pain.

Thanks Again,

Brian

I cant find it... I searched the FSUIPC for Programmers document for TOGGLE_STRUCTURAL_DEICE and got no hits (document date 1/14/2004). Am I looking in the wrong document ?

Yes, you are. The FSUIPC programmer's guide shows what is currently implemented by FSUIPC. As I said, I can consider providing offsets for these, but they won't appear in the Programmer's Guide until I do! How can they? :wink:

I referred you to the lists of FS controls I provide. See http://www.schiratti.com/dowson. Alternatively just load up FSUIPC, go to the Buttons or Keys page, and assign a button or key to the controls I mentioned (hint, look for 'T' for 'Toggle' -- they are all in alphabetical order).

Pete

Pete,

Sorry :oops: I misunderstood. The project that I am playing around with requires that I read the status. Providing an offset would be great !!

Thank you for kindness during my lapse in being able to understand plain english (maybe it is a California thing... :lol: )

Brian

The project that I am playing around with requires that I read the status. Providing an offset would be great !!

Well, I have added offsets for Prop De-ice and Structural De-ice, both of which are documented in FS's Panels SDK for FS2002 and FS2004.

However, there is no mention of how to get an aircraft to actually implement the structural de-ice facility. It doesn't appear to be an AIRCRAFT.CFG file option. Maybe it can be enabled only in the AIR file, but at present I am unable to test this offset because I cannot find any aircraft which implements it.

As far as the Prop de-ice is concerned, the default King Air implements this and it does appear in its AIRCRAFT.CFG file. However, the Toggle Prop Deice control doesn't operate it -- only the usual anti-ice switch. I can read the setting of the prop de-ice for the offset, but since writing to it uses the control, which doesn't work, it's pretty much useless.

All in all it was a futile waste of time I'm afraid. I'll leave the code in, and hope it becomes useful in a future version of FS.

Regards,

Pete

• 8 years later...

I am trying to assign a switch to engine deice on the default 737 (cant afford ifly yet!) in the console view i see it sends eng-1 and eng-2 with the switch! How can i do this?

Sorry, I don't understand. Do you mean you've identified the correct controls by using FSUIPC event logging , but you don't know how to assign? That seems surprising. The log shows both the name of the control and the parameter value, if used. What is the problem in assigning?

There are actually many anti-ice controls:

Anti ice on

Anti ice off

Anti ice set

Anti ice toggle

Anti ice toggle eng1

Anti ice toggle eng2

Anti ice toggle eng3

Anti ice toggle eng4

Anti ice set eng1

Anti ice set eng2

Anti ice set eng3

Anti ice set eng4

Toggle propeller deice

Toggle structural deice

I don't know if all these work, and some will no doubt need a parameter value -- the "Set" controls will normally have parameters 1 for 'on' and 0 for 'off. The non-engine specific ones may or may not take the engine number as a parameter, with '0' meaning 'all engines'.

You see, apart from interpreting the results of logging, which it sounds like you've already done, there's a really good choice in the assignments list.

Regards

Pete