The simFlight Network Forums

Button Assign Problem

Hello Pete,

Of course I downloaded the new 3.22 release immediately.

But i have already Problems with the Button Controls.

we wrote here a few weeks ago about the Buttons-

and i digged me thru all available Docs,but i still have Questions,

so please be patient with me :)

FSUIPC 3.22

ABGC Demo build 221

MCDU Demo build 136

1 PC

under FSUIPC->Buttons-

I press a Joystick Button ,select PMGC KEYS from the Drop-Down Menu and enter (for example) 65 (for O) into the "Parameter".

Back in FS i must press the Joystickbutton TWICE to activate the Function (in this case-the WX-Radar).

This "Bug?" refers to all PMGC KEYS.

--------------

and i have Problems with Shift/Control Compounds.

What do I have to enter in the Parameter,if i want -for example- Ctrl+R?

I´ve tried "282" in the Parameter (2 for Control /82 for "R") -

but nothing happens.

If i press CTRL+R on the Keyboard with Windows-Focus on the GlassCockpit-all is normally(the Terrain-Function switches).

----------

You implemented the "PM CDU KEYS" Facility.

I use the MCDU-Demo on the MSFS-PC,

I press a Joystick Button,select "PM CDU Keys" and enter 65 (A) in the Parameter.

Normally an "A" schould appear in the Scratchpad of the MCDU...?

But this works not.

Controlling the MCDU this way is a VERY important thing for me.

-------------

Are the Facilities "PM GC CONTROLS" , "PM GC KEYS" and "PM CDU KEYS" also available through the Network(with use of WideFS)?

(without having to manipulate the .ini -Files -(very complicated for me)

________

Thank you.

regards,

Thomas

I press a Joystick Button ,select PMGC KEYS from the Drop-Down Menu and enter (for example) 65 (for O) into the "Parameter".

65 is A not O.

Back in FS i must press the Joystickbutton TWICE to activate the Function (in this case-the WX-Radar).

This "Bug?" refers to all PMGC KEYS.

The FSUIPC control most certainly writes the A (with additional high byte bits 0x10 or 0x20, alternately, to ensure they are noticed) to the offset 542A, which is documented in the PM offsets document (on the PM website) as being the GC Keys input. You can easily prove this to yourself by using FSUIPC's Monitor facilities -- Logging page, right-hand side, offset 542A, type U16. Select hex for ease of recognition. your "A" is 41 in the low byte.

If the GC needs two such keys to activate, this is a PM matter I'm afraid. All I can do is offer the facilities to drive the PM interface as it is defined. Can you refer this problem, with these details, to PM support, please?

and i have Problems with Shift/Control Compounds.

What do I have to enter in the Parameter,if i want -for example- Ctrl+R?

I´ve tried "282" in the Parameter (2 for Control /82 for "R") -

but nothing happens.

If i press CTRL+R on the Keyboard with Windows-Focus on the GlassCockpit-all is normally(the Terrain-Function switches).

Again, I'm afraid I do nothing with these values other than write them to the documented PM offsets. According to PM documentation (and indeed my reproduction of some of it in the FSUIPC Advanced User's Guide), the addition you have to make for "Control" is not 200, as you have added, but 512. This is, indeed, 200 in hexadecimal -- but then the complete value in FSUIPC terms would be x252 (hex 52 = decimal 82).

You seem to be a little mixed up over decimal and hexadecimal values here. Why is this? The documents (both the FSUIPC Advanced Guide and the PM Offsets html) are pretty clear in this area. Both give values in decimal for these.

You implemented the "PM CDU KEYS" Facility.

I use the MCDU-Demo on the MSFS-PC,

I press a Joystick Button,select "PM CDU Keys" and enter 65 (A) in the Parameter.

Normally an "A" schould appear in the Scratchpad of the MCDU...?

But this works not.

It does work fine here. Maybe you are using different PM builds to me? Check that FSUIPC is working by monitoring the locations it is writing to -- in this case 5428, again a U16 type value. Then, if this looks good, report your problem to PM.

Are the Facilities "PM GC CONTROLS" , "PM GC KEYS" and "PM CDU KEYS" also available through the Network(with use of WideFS)?

(without having to manipulate the .ini -Files -(very complicated for me)

Sorry, but this is a confusing question. The facilities are programmable in FSUIPC. You cannot run FSUIPC anywhere except within FS. If you program the buttons in FSUIPC on the FS PC then they apply to PM no matter where its modules are.

If your buttons are on other PCs than that running FS, WideFS (current versions) transmit the button presses to FSUIPC in the FS PC unless you have explicitly told WideClient not to scan buttons in its INI file.

Regards,

Pete

Hello,

"Control" is not 200, as you have added, but 512.

Now its clearer to me .

For Ctrl+R i have to ADD 512 to the "R"(82) Value = 594

And 256 for Shift and 768 for Ctrl+Shift.

Thanks,it works!

If you program the buttons in FSUIPC on the FS PC then they apply to PM no matter where its modules are.

That´s what i wanted to know.

many thanks.

with the other Problems i refer to PM.

Sorry,but i thought controlling PM is a FSUIPC-Issue

Regards,

Thomas

[/code]