The simFlight Network Forums

Centre Tank 2 ?

Hi Pete this quesiton is for you ..

I can get all thanks ( aux tip centre ) bat i couldnt see the offset for centre 2 ( centre 2 is in B747 for example )

Or did i miss it ?

Thanks ..

You missed Centre tanks 2 and 3, and also external tanks 1 and 2, offsets 1244-1260. These were added for FS2000 and could not fit in the original FS98 space next to the others.

Best to use a search facility on the Programmer's document, it will find things which may be missed by eye.

Regards,

Pete

it says in doceumantation centre 2 (FS2k/CFS2 only)

is this right ?

most of the text in the document dates back to FS2000. The main exceptions are the additions since then. Rather than re-edit everything, I added another column for an "Ok" for FS2002 (or not, as the case may be), then, with FS2004, another column. These are the two rightmost columns in the table. sorry, the column headings aren't repeated on every page (not sure how to do that in Word, assuming it is possible).

Anyway, you'll see Ok's in both FS2002 and FS2004 columns for all those.

and also we right H for 0 what do we right for C ? ( in offset.)

Sorry, you've lost me. What are H and C in this context?

Pete

ehehe sorry ..

this is the cntre 2:

124C 4 Fuel: centre 3 tank level, % * 128 * 65536 [FS2k/CFS2 only] Ok Ok

for example if the fofset is 0432 we write in VB H432

and VB also doesnt accpet 124C and 1248 . What do we have to write for these in VB

i meant this pete :? am i worng :?:

for example if the fofset is 0432 we write in VB H432

Not &H432? I thought the prefix for hexadecimal in VB was &H. Maybe I'm wrong. And surely you can include the 0 as well if you like, for clarity: i.e. &H0432.

and VB also doesnt accpet 124C and 1248 . What do we have to write for these in VB

Are you saying VB restricts hexadecimal numbers to only 3 digits? that &H124C and &H1248 are illegal? That's incredible!

I really cannot believe that! If that is so you'll have to convert them to decimal. Does it allow decimal numbers bigger than 999? :o :shock: :?

The more I hear about VB the wrose it seems to be! :(

Pete

i will try to conevert them all to deciaml..

Odd, as far as I know, no other VB programmers need to do this. In VB you can certainly have 4 digit hexadecimal numbers. In fact, for the standard 32 bit integer size you must be able to specify decimal numbers up to 8 digits. Values like

&H1234ABCD and &HFEDCBA98

should be perfectly valid. I cannot see why Microsoft, in the change from VB to VB.NET would deliberately restrict hexadecimal constants to 3 digits. It makes no sense at all.

I was hoping some other VB/NET users would chip in and tell you what you are doing wrong, but is seems they aren't around at present.

Regards,

Pete