The simFlight Network Forums

Reg key update (ATAVS)

My registration key may need to be updated for use with FS2004. My program is ATAVS.

I have noticed a small anomaly with ATAVS on FS2004 with an unregistered

FSUIPC. After one flight, FSUIPC thinks that ATAVS is not registered. The

workaround is to close ATAVS and restart FS2004.

Users with a registered version of FSUIPC say this does not happen to them, so this is only for those users whodo not have a registered version of FSUIPC.

=

Garen

aerotexasNO@SPAMmywayPLEASE.com

My registration key may need to be updated for use with FS2004. My program is ATAVS.

That's not good -- a new key won't solve anything. I need some more details. First, make sure please that they are using the latest version of FSUIPC. I really can't help with older versions. The current version is 3.22.

You will notice from reading the "history" document, or browsing all the information on revisions in each successive release in the Announcement at the top of this forum, that there have been many changes and improvements in the whole area of registration, especially for gauges and modules.

If, using the latest version of FSUIPC, there are still any problems I need to see the FSUIPC Log for this, with IPC read and write logging enabled.

Regards,

Pete

Pete - here's the short log. Let me know if you need the verbose log - it's too big to paste, but maybe I could e-mail it to you.

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.22 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=0000B027[0000B027]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=0

7331 System time = 18:07:31

7331 M:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\

7331 System time = 18:07:31, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

18957 FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.flt

19117 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air

19117 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP"

36653 AIRCRAFT\ATX C130\c130.air

36653 Aircraft="C130"

256959 J:\Documents and Settings\J.R. Sill\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files\UI generated flight.flt

257711 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

280623 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

280623 Traffic File #14 = "scenery\world\scenery\traffic030528"

356232 Client Application: "atavs" (Id=1384)

356232 C:\ATAVS\atavs.exe

356252 Product="ATAVS"

356252 Company="AeroTexas Aviation International"

356252 Key is provided

2365011 Illegal read attempt: offset 3D00, size 256

2365011Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

2373843 ### IPC Message processed in 8832mSecs ###

=

Garen

aerotexasPLEASE@mywayNOSPAM.com

That's not good -- a new key won't solve anything. I need some more details. First, make sure please that they are using the latest version of FSUIPC. I really can't help with older versions. The current version is 3.22.

You will notice from reading the "history" document, or browsing all the information on revisions in each successive release in the Announcement at the top of this forum, that there have been many changes and improvements in the whole area of registration, especially for gauges and modules.

If, using the latest version of FSUIPC, there are still any problems I need to see the FSUIPC Log for this, with IPC read and write logging enabled.

Regards,

Pete

Pete - here's the short log. Let me know if you need the verbose log - it's too big to paste, but maybe I could e-mail it to you.

This log is no help whatsoever I'm afraid. As I thought I said, I need the log with IPC read and write logging enabled. All this log tells me is what you've told me, not why. Sorry.

I do note, however, that in the log you have shown there is no error for over 33 minutes after ATAVS was loaded and opened the link to FSUIPC. Does this program really not try to access and data via FSUIPC for that long?

Regards,

Pete

Okay well I do have the complete log, but it's too much to paste in this field (it locks up browser when I try). Download it here: http://aerotexas.giwiganz.com/fsuipclog.zip

ATAVS can be open without the FS, so yes it's possible that there was no communication until the flightsmi was started.

=

Garen

This log is no help whatsoever I'm afraid. As I thought I said, I need the log with IPC read and write logging enabled. All this log tells me is what you've told me, not why. Sorry.

I do note, however, that in the log you have shown there is no error for over 33 minutes after ATAVS was loaded and opened the link to FSUIPC. Does this program really not try to access and data via FSUIPC for that long?

Regards,

Pete

The log doesn't show any call form the program to provide the Key. I didn't realise that. How are you providing the Key, please? Is it in the Version Information?

Maybe you need to send me the program -- I was relying on the Log to show the key being written. I'm afraid there's nothing there either!

Regards,

Pete

Yes - it is in the version information. You can download it at http://aerotexas.giwiganz.com/atavs_afr.zip

The application is a location-specific flight check, and requires the aircraft to be located at KFST when the start button is pressed.

=

Garen

The log doesn't show any call form the program to provide the Key. I didn't realise that. How are you providing the Key, please? Is it in the Version Information?

Maybe you need to send me the program -- I was relying on the Log to show the key being written. I'm afraid there's nothing there either!

Regards,

Pete

Yes - it is in the version information. You can download it at http://aerotexas.giwiganz.com/atavs_afr.zip

The application is a location-specific flight check, and requires the aircraft to be located at KFST when the start button is pressed.

Okay, I've tried all sorts of things and can't get it to fail here. You said originally "After one flight, FSUIPC thinks that ATAVS is not registered", but I've tried one flight (I cheated to save time -- more in a moment), and i can't see how to get ATAVS to do another without closing it and reloading it. Even then there's no failure.

This is going to get a bit techincal and very sepcific to your program, so I'm sending an email. Maybe we can exchange files by email too. It's probably better than this public download stuff.

See email ...

Regards,

Pete

Hey Pete - I appreciate your taking time to help. My e-mail address is (take out the 2004 part): aerotexas2004@myway.com

=

Garen

Okay, I've tried all sorts of things and can't get it to fail here. You said originally "After one flight, FSUIPC thinks that ATAVS is not registered", but I've tried one flight (I cheated to save time -- more in a moment), and i can't see how to get ATAVS to do another without closing it and reloading it. Even then there's no failure.

This is going to get a bit techincal and very sepcific to your program, so I'm sending an email. Maybe we can exchange files by email too. It's probably better than this public download stuff.

See email ...

Regards,

Pete

Hey Pete - I appreciate your taking time to help. My e-mail address is (take out the 2004 part): aerotexas2004@myway.com

I already sent the details and some questions, about 19 hours ago. It has not bounced. I used the "email" button on your entries here, which appears correct from what you say above. I was actually expecting a reply by now.

Regards,

Pete

My e-mail setting is the same as the address I gave you, yet your message has not arrived. I do have a pretty high level of filtering, so I checked the bulk and spam folders and there is nothing there. Try again?

I already sent the details and some questions, about 19 hours ago. It has not bounced. I used the "email" button on your entries here, which appears correct from what you say above. I was actually expecting a reply by now.

Regards,+

Pete

My e-mail setting is the same as the address I gave you, yet your message has not arrived. I do have a pretty high level of filtering, so I checked the bulk and spam folders and there is nothing there. Try again?

Done.

I really hate it when messages disappear into the aether, never to be seen again! Quite a few folks write to me, I reply within hours, then days later I get an annoyed message asking why I'm not speaking to them! And it isn't even consistent! One would think that if the mail service hasn't the decency to deliver that it would at least report back!

:twisted: :twisted: :cry:

Pete